When I'm in BB Maps my screen does not stay on. It times goes out after 30 seconds. i thought while in Maps (GPS) the screen would stay on so you could see where you are without having to touch a button every 30 seconds. I know I can change the timeout to 2 minutes but that is ******** too. Any suggestions?
    02-20-09 12:54 PM
    While in BB maps go to options>backlight timeout when: set to around <50%. Or whenever �ou want it to shut off before killing the battery.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-09 05:46 PM
    Any ideas on doing this for Google Maps??
    Possibly a 3rd party app or something... I use a car charger cable in the Jeep, with Google Maps/Latitude running on the Storm... With the power cable running I'm not worried about battery drain...
    I use Telenav also, and it has settings to hold the backlight.. but in most use I run Google with Latitude... its really annoying to have to hit a button every 2 min max to keep it on..

Ideally some setting that would disable backlight turn off when on external power....
    02-21-09 02:52 AM
    Any ideas on doing this for Google Maps??
    Possibly a 3rd party app or something... I use a car charger cable in the Jeep, with Google Maps/Latitude running on the Storm... With the power cable running I'm not worried about battery drain...
    I use Telenav also, and it has settings to hold the backlight.. but in most use I run Google with Latitude... its really annoying to have to hit a button every 2 min max to keep it on..

Ideally some setting that would disable backlight turn off when on external power....
    I have no idea about storm settings. I don't know of anything for google either though. Have you dug through the options menu for google? Sometimes they like to hide these types of options deep within the menus.
    02-21-09 06:29 PM
    There's a free 3rd party app called BBLight that will let you keep the backlight on. There aren't any internal settings that can override the battery-saver function that turns off the screen, even on external power.
    02-21-09 08:45 PM
    Anyone have any idea if I can download blackberry maps to my sprint 8830 with the 4.5.0.127 upgrade?
    02-22-09 02:35 PM
    Anyone have any idea if I can download blackberry maps to my sprint 8830 with the 4.5.0.127 upgrade?
    I have it on mine so it should work fine for you.
    02-22-09 02:40 PM
    You should be able to install it with you DM under add remove apps. Go to custom and check the box for BB maps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-09 02:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD