I just got a BB 8130 and a friend of mine who has the BB Curve said that she backs it up every night... hahaha Is this something that should be done often? If so, how do I "back it up" ? -Lori
    04-15-08 07:12 PM
    Depends on how much you can handle losing if for some sad reason you have to wipe the device or if it is broken or stolen. No backup, you lose everything. I make a lot of calendar and contact changes so I sync with outlook every day or two so nothing is lost. But I don't have as much other valuable info on here so don't feel the need to backup as much. So decide how much you could handle losing if the worst happens and with that decide how often you need to backup

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-08 07:19 PM
    i dont add much to my BB as far as contacts and such so i back mine up maybe once a week, i have faith that my berry wont crash on me so i dont need to do it daily.
    04-15-08 07:22 PM
    Can never be to safe..
    I usually back up twice a week, but daily would be ideal...
    04-15-08 07:23 PM
    I make almost daily calendar changes so I sync as often and I back it up then.
    04-15-08 07:36 PM
    thanks for the reply... I would like to backup but how do I do it? ... she said she just plugs it into the USB cable but I tried that and there's no option to "back up" so I'm wondering if there's more to it... sorry, but I'm beginning to think this crazy contraption is too advanced for me.. ha
    04-15-08 07:36 PM
    did you install the blackberry desktop manager?

if not make sure to install that, then plug your berry in, and open it up,and it should actually prompt you to do the backup
    04-15-08 07:37 PM
    plug it in, open desktop manager and backup and sync are both there
    04-15-08 07:38 PM
    i am fairly new to the blackberry and i heard about software where you can add full length movies to your blackberry and does anyone know where i can find that
    04-15-08 07:43 PM
    i am fairly new to the blackberry and i heard about software where you can add full length movies to your blackberry and does anyone know where i can find that
    Have you tried adding your movie files via Media Manager? Also remember you did to use a Media Card for big files like that. Your other option is to copy the file straight to the Media Card, Media Manager actually converts the files to the correct format. If you don't wanna do that.. you can try Ultra Mobile 3GP Video Converter. I'm assuming that you already have the movie in some format on your computer.
    04-15-08 09:14 PM
    i dont add much to my BB as far as contacts and such so i back mine up maybe once a week, i have faith that my berry wont crash on me so i dont need to do it daily.
    Good luck with that faith... I used to have that, til my Berry crashed. Sniffle. Lol!
    04-15-08 09:28 PM
    I backup when I'm on Desktop Manager so whenever I load new media really.

04-16-08 02:11 AM
    I back up my BB several times a week. Would really hate to lose stuff.
    04-16-08 06:51 AM
    Good luck with that faith... I used to have that, til my Berry crashed. Sniffle. Lol!
    really? your berry crashed?
    wow
    sometimes i am checking crackberry wap, chatting on yahoo and bbm at the same time and going back and forth and i get some emails or sms and it slows for a second and displays the hour glass
    but nothing even close to crashing!
    not even freezing momentarily! what are you doing with your bb?
    04-16-08 08:33 AM
    It is wise to backup once a week at least, puts a file in my docs on your pc.
    Has your service books, password saver info, and all of your preferences in it. I had to wipe mine and it made the last part of restoring a piece of cake.

And for everyone running low on memory, it also saves all of your messages and call logs, so if they do disappear, you can do a quick restore to get them back...

Last edited by fonebrkr; 04-16-08 at 08:49 AM.
    04-16-08 08:45 AM
    yeah ive never been close to a crash, and if it does, i still have data on my computer for the reload, if i didnt add a new contact this week, and i have last weeks back up, i am still just as good, except i didnt waste the time to back it up each day!
    04-16-08 08:47 AM
    I think backing up every night is a bit extreme but to each their own. I back up about once every other week.
    04-16-08 08:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD