I began using blackberry, when the Curve 8330 came to Verizon. I loved that phone, upgraded to a Tour and I thought I was happy. I have always in the back of my mind wished for an "Iphone" type device to come to Verizon, thinking "I do not use this BB for business, just organization." Well the day came when the Droid was released. I added a line, sold my Tour and got the droid... WOW what an amazing phone, fast, sold, screen is incredible. But I never could get some of the apps to work properly and it was VERY HEAVY. I run alot and it felt like a brick in my pocket. So after two weeks I switched to the Droid Eris. This light android powered device seemed to be what I was looking for, or was it? It began to freeze up during calls, lag incredibly and was nice to look at, but hard to use sometimes.

All that to say this, after a month of surfing the latest and greatest android powered devices on VZW I have switched, and upgraded to the curve 8530.

I have realized over this past month that the Blackberry OS, though not as pretty to look at, not as cutting edge, works... It does what it needs to do. Its organized nicely, and intuitive. I began to realize that Blackberry has done a great job at making a phone that is great a messaging, staying in touch with news and sports, and giving some fun. Its not as "netbook" like, like some android or apple OS phones are, being able to see web pages in full HTML format just like a computer, but really its not that big of a loss.

My only wish would be if Blackberry had a fuller, freer, more creative appworld. I enjoyed some of the productivity apps for free on the android system.

So those of you who are thinking about ditching the Blackberry.
    Think twice, you may regret it...
    12-07-09 07:35 AM
    We knew you'd be back...
    12-07-09 08:49 AM
    Glad your back and enjoy the stay.
    12-07-09 09:00 AM
    Well stated, and with having tried several competitors, you know full well what suits you. Welcome back into the fold.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-09 09:18 AM
    welcome back to home.
    12-07-09 09:28 AM
    We all come back!

Welcome back! Enjoy your curve!
    12-07-09 11:46 AM
    Well said, a good balanced view.
    With regards to the apps, I think 2010 and OS 5.0 will change that
    12-07-09 11:49 AM
    Yeah berrys just work!
    12-07-09 02:29 PM
    I agree, I left my 8900 for a G1 because of the android. Granted it was a nice phone and it worked well. Just could not get pass the look of it. I missed my Blackberry alot. I'm back, and with a renewed respect for BB.
    12-07-09 02:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD