So earlier this year I started out with the Samsung Omnia. I was on a 2 year contract & 1 year was up. I hated that phone because it was an all touch screen phone & just flat out terrible. My contract wasn't up until this November & I couldn't stand the Samsung anymore so in March I found a Blackberry Curve 8330 for $200 on ebay that was a refurbished phone. Although it wasn't brand new I enjoyed it a lot. After a few months though it started to act like an old phone since it was freezing & the ball stopped working sometimes but I still liked the phone. Towards the end of my contract I wasn't sure what phone to get. I saw Motorola announce the Droid Pro & I wanted to give it a go since Android OS was getting a lot of hype. So I got the Pro & over the last two weeks realized I couldn't stand that phone either. It kept freezing, over heating, & the battery life was terrible. Plus I missed the mouse ball (or whatever it's called lol) that the Blackberry had. I no longer wanted a touch screen on my phone. So today (since you have 30 days to return it) I went to the Verizon store & got the Bold 9650. So far I'm very pleased with it. It is much quicker than my old Curve (obviously since it's 3g lol) & I just like the way it feels. I'm very happy to be back using a Blackberry. I don't need a million apps I won't use. I'm glad to be back! Also I'm looking forward to the Playbook lol.

P.S. I'm new to this site & couldn't find an 'Introduce Yourself' thread so I appologies if I posted this in the wrong thread.

~Matt.
    12-05-10 06:19 PM
    I have problem with my media card cannot connect with My BB any one can help me
    12-05-10 06:21 PM
    welcome backk <3
    mtavenger55 likes this.
    12-05-10 06:22 PM
    Once you go Black(Berry) you never go back!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    mtavenger55 likes this.
    12-05-10 07:17 PM

SOOO not True!, I now have been on my Droid X for a few months.... I still come back here to support my wife's BB but I'll be honest, As a BB user and abuser for close to 8 years I got fed up from the hopes and promises from RIM. I now have rooted my droid and can say it continues to amaze me what I can do. I have everything and so much more.it is truly a smartphone and at first I thought sure it's just a media toy... but I can do everything email wise and documents that I did with my storm2, and the browser experience is beyond the BB, I use xscope and find I dont use the laptop for very much. I have a 4.3" screen which gives amazing real estate for doing just about anything you want. Folks, keep waiting for RIM to come through, it's just gonna be a LOOOONG wait.
    12-05-10 07:27 PM
    SOOO not True!, I now have been on my Droid X for a few months.... I still come back here to support my wife's BB but I'll be honest, As a BB user and abuser for close to 8 years I got fed up from the hopes and promises from RIM. I now have rooted my droid and can say it continues to amaze me what I can do. I have everything and so much more.it is truly a smartphone and at first I thought sure it's just a media toy... but I can do everything email wise and documents that I did with my storm2, and the browser experience is beyond the BB, I use xscope and find I dont use the laptop for very much. I have a 4.3" screen which gives amazing real estate for doing just about anything you want. Folks, keep waiting for RIM to come through, it's just gonna be a LOOOONG wait.
    It was just a play on words. You got all serious dang!
    FYI...it won't be that long. Ill be looking for you once the new lineup of phones start dropping. QNX, Flash, better specs, TAT's UI ahhh.
    I'm glad you like your Droid so much though.

12-05-10 07:32 PM
    Still going.
    12-05-10 07:36 PM
    It was just a play on words. You got all serious dang!
    FYI...it won't be that long. Ill be looking for you once the new lineup of phones start dropping. QNX, Flash, better specs, TAT's UI ahhh.
    I'm glad you like your Droid so much though.

LOL Sorry, didn't wanna seem so serious, I still am amazed I made the switch, I did everything to my storm2, Leaks, hybrids, I got more people into the BB LOL... of course they are all mad at me now that I made the switch. I was really hoping to hold out and see what awesome BB I could have and stay but....... DROID!
    12-05-10 07:48 PM
    Yeah the Droids do rock some bells and whistles for sure... Not ones I need though, but they can be fun and kill some serious time if you're bored lol.
    12-05-10 08:16 PM
    And the 9650 is a solid device... Like my 9700 only better lol
    12-05-10 08:16 PM
    Nice I'm ordering my Bold 9650 this Tuesday!

12-05-10 08:19 PM
    dude i'm in the same boat have the droid x it is a amazing phone BUT since i left i haven't felt right about it and waiting on verizon to release a new bb so i can jump ship again lmfao
    12-05-10 08:42 PM

Lol the guy at the Verizon store who helped me out had a Blackberry & said that. So true!
    12-05-10 08:53 PM
    I had the Omnia as well. So glad I came over to the BB side. My 9650 does just about everything I need. (And probably more than I realize that I need) Consider me hooked on BB.
    12-05-10 10:05 PM
    And I heard such good things about the omnia lol...dang....welcome back to BlackBerry....this makes me wonder if ever anyone will be welcoming me back one day...let's hope not because I don't plan on leaving lol
    12-06-10 09:42 AM
    Nobodys ever going to welcome me back, but I will simply say that I'm glad to hear you found a device that works for you.
    12-06-10 09:47 AM
    My first 24 hours:

Absolutely love it so far! I applaud the battery life since my battery on the Droid was an issue. I've been using it all day; for posting on facebook, playing brick braker & bubble boom lol, & txting. The battery barely drained at all (& I've been using it all day since 7 am) so I'm thrilled lol. I'm very familiar with the keyboard so no complaints there, very pleased. I'm glad I'm back & regret ever leaving for a brief time, like barely 3 weeks lol. It's like I have an old friend back.
    12-06-10 03:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD