Well, I am back!

I had a Pearl 8130 with Alltel and I loved it! It was my first smartphone, and was in awe of everything I could do. Well, I was sending long emails to customers and I wasn't having suretype issues, but my hands were getting cramped. I had previously played around with a friend's curve, but really thought it was too big for me.

Well, my friend let me borrow her phone for the weekend, and after that, I was hooked.....I was ready to upgrade to a curve!

WELL.......Verizon wanted me to upgrade all 3 of my lines with them, and said they would give me a special price if I did.....BUT, the only catch was that I couldn't have a berry.....I had to get one of their html phones......YUK. But, I did it.....got a LG ENV3, and sent it back within the 30 days.....got a Rogue....double YUK. Piece of junk! I tried to like it.....I used it for several months. BUT, I hated it!

I called Verizon and chewed their ear for a good long time. They finally stepped up and told me they could offer me a refurbished Curve 8330. I jumped at the chance! And, I couldn't be happier!!

Moral of the story.....I am sticking with berries from now on!!!
    03-13-10 09:37 AM
    Welcome back! Sorry you had to deal with the other phones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-10 09:44 AM
    Too bad they only gave you an 8330, but a Berry's a Berry!

03-13-10 09:53 AM
    My co-worker has one of those Rogue phones and he loves it...then he sees my 9700 and says, just another blackberry, lol! No point in justifying what I like or how better my phone is to his craptastic phone. Kid is a moron!
    03-13-10 10:34 AM
    Too bad they only gave you an 8330, but a Berry's a Berry!

EXACTLY! I am happy with it!
    03-13-10 10:34 AM
    My co-worker has one of those Rogue phones and he loves it...then he sees my 9700 and says, just another blackberry, lol! No point in justifying what I like or how better my phone is to his craptastic phone. Kid is a moron!
    Craptastic is a very appropriate term!!
    03-13-10 10:35 AM
    Indeed, he likes to show me how ground-breaking it is, haha! I just move on....
    03-13-10 01:21 PM
    I'm glad you got a good deal. I loved Alltel but honestly am not as happy with Verizon. But in all honesty at least you got one. I like the Tour much better though so if you can find a way to upgrade (give someone your Curve and use their upgrade to get a Tour) it will be awesome. HEhe.
    03-13-10 02:26 PM
    I'm glad you got a good deal. I loved Alltel but honestly am not as happy with Verizon. But in all honesty at least you got one. I like the Tour much better though so if you can find a way to upgrade (give someone your Curve and use their upgrade to get a Tour) it will be awesome. HEhe.

I'm not as happy with Verizon either.....I was with Alltel for like 11 years before they were bought out....sad to see them go! BUT, yeah, at least I got a berry.....I have an upgrade coming up in Dec, so I should be good until then.....
    03-13-10 04:07 PM
    While not cutting-edge, the 8330 is still a solid device. I'm just glad I dumped 4.5.0.175 for 4.5.0.186. Made all the difference in the world. I'm not upping to a 5.0 OS, I need file-free for other things. Congrats on getting them to blink.

03-13-10 04:18 PM
    Welcome back to Blackberry.

Now go wash and sterilize your hands for using that LG filth and all is forgiven...
    03-13-10 04:28 PM
    While not cutting-edge, the 8330 is still a solid device. I'm just glad I dumped 4.5.0.175 for 4.5.0.186. Made all the difference in the world. I'm not upping to a 5.0 OS, I need file-free for other things. Congrats on getting them to blink.

And that is it....I don't need cutting edge, but I do need a solid device to be able to run my business!

Oh, they blinked alright....I had to go to second-level management in Tech Support, but I threatened to cancel all 5 lines that I now have with them if they didn't do SOMETHING! Two of those were opened after this LG/Rogue fiasco......

After they looked at how much money I have spent on my cell service over the years, they finally backed up and thought about it.
    03-13-10 05:22 PM
    Welcome back to Blackberry.

Now go wash and sterilize your hands for using that LG filth and all is forgiven...
    LOL! Yeah, I did, and I learned my lesson....only berries for me from now on!!
    03-13-10 05:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD