Emails come in at the exact same time on my Q10, 9900 and PlayBook.

I love hearing all the different email alerts go off at the same time creating quite the symphony.

Doesn't matter if they're on wifi on cellular network.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 12:32 PM
    I set up my own small company domain using Office365 for about $5.00 / month. Super fast, reliable, works with all my clients (and PlayBook, Q10, Z10) and the Contact and Calendar Sync is absolutely brilliant for me.
    Exactly my point, it comes at an extra cost.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 01:04 PM
    Don't use yahoo mail on BlackBerry 10 use gmail if you want to get instant mail

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 02:44 PM
    Push is awesome

Sent from, My Motorola side view pager. 4-5683-8
    09-29-13 03:06 PM

Posted via CB10
    Use Outlook.com. It uses Exchange so works perfectly. Emails arrive at almost the same instant I see them on the PC, and if I save a draft on the phone, within seconds I can see it in the Web client.

I have had serious syncing issues with Gmail, which is what pushed me to make the switch to Outlook.com. Best decision I ever made. Now any email that comes to my Gmail account gets forwarded to Outlook.com using POP and is then pushed to my phone, but sometimes there's a delay of a few minutes (I still have Gmail setup on my BlackBerry so I can send from that account if need be; I just disabled all notifications for that account).

--Q10 and Canadian all the way! Posted via CB10 on 10.2.0.1443. #IChooseBlackBerry10
    09-29-13 03:12 PM
    1 - 2 minutes equals awful?? Seriously? Seriously!!???!!
    Yeah, it does. Especially in my industry. Not receiving an email ON TIME is the difference between 1 million viewers and 6 million.

Doesn't count? I guess only professionals need that kind of speed and service. Someone should make a enterprise/prosumer device that specializes in email and communications in general.

Oh, wait...

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 04:35 PM
    Hosting.ca offers BES10 services for $10 a month. Not too shabby.

Outlook is pretty good. I've been thinking of moving my personal domain over to office365. My university just migrated all of its grad student/alum over to office 365, and it's pretty nice too.

But BES is nice. I have it for work and it's really nice to have my Outlook and BlackBerry synced all the time.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 04:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    Or use Outlook.com. Very impressive imho! Push email, contacts, calendar to BlackBerry 10. On the desktop the interface is really well designed too. I switched to it after using Yahoo and Gmail for over a decade.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 04:49 PM
    Cancel yahoo email, all delayed

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 07:03 PM
    Yeah, it does. Especially in my industry. Not receiving an email ON TIME is the difference between 1 million viewers and 6 million.

Doesn't count? I guess only professionals need that kind of speed and service. Someone should make a enterprise/prosumer device that specializes in email and communications in general.

Oh, wait...

Posted via CB10
    Your industry conducts critical business via free email accounts with no SLAs?

I'm confused.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-30-13 08:40 AM
    Exactly my point, it comes at an extra cost.

Posted via CB10
    Unless you use Outlook.com. You can even host personal domains there for free.
    09-30-13 08:41 AM
    No, 100% true, all email protocols are pushed from the NOC to the device, the NOC does poll for POP but it pushes to the device.

BBOS device never polls for emails, it's all pushed to it.

Posted via CB10
    I was talking about BIS. Notice, I used the word BIS, not BBOS.

But if you want to be pedantic, then I posit the following:

Does the "how" it works matter to the average user?
    09-30-13 08:46 AM
    Unless you use Outlook.com. You can even host personal domains there for free.
    You still have to buy the domain, surely they're not giving domains away.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 09:03 AM
    I was talking about BIS. Notice, I used the word BIS, not BBOS.

But if you want to be pedantic, then I posit the following:

Does the "how" it works matter to the average user?
    Yes, it absolutely does matter how it works once they notice their emails are late and once they get their roaming bill (connecting every 5 minutes might not use much but it does add up.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 09:05 AM
    I thought awful email was truncated etc. I guess some people need to see and react to ever email they receive instantly. Glad I'm not them. Do you ever sleep? You might miss something you have to react to the second you received it.
    09-30-13 09:26 AM
    You still have to buy the domain, surely they're not giving domains away.

Posted via CB10
    That's only if you want a domain. Like I said it's an option if that's what people want.
    09-30-13 11:31 AM
    Yes, it absolutely does matter how it works once they notice their emails are late and once they get their roaming bill (connecting every 5 minutes might not use much but it does add up.

Posted via CB10
    2 different issues. The original topic made no mention of using BIS for roaming purposes.

Let's start another thread where we can debate the pros and cons of BIS.
    09-30-13 11:34 AM
    2 different issues. The original topic made no mention of using BIS for roaming purposes.

Let's start another thread where we can debate the pros and cons of BIS.
    Yes they are two different issues but the existence of this thread should be enough proof that it does matter to the average consumer.

The consumer should not be forced to change their emails address just because they're using a new phone, agree?

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 01:28 PM
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    09-30-13 02:05 PM
    Your industry conducts critical business via free email accounts with no SLAs?

I'm confused.
    Confidential contacts, sources, etc come through personal email. I carry hundreds of contacts from job to job, can't exactly take my work email with me to a new job. That, and some people simply won't email my work account for privacy concerns. Short of that, yes, our BES server is lightning fast and secure.
    09-30-13 02:14 PM
    Yes they are two different issues but the existence of this thread should be enough proof that it does matter to the average consumer.

The consumer should not be forced to change their emails address just because they're using a new phone, agree?

Posted via CB10
    Sure tack it on to the thread. Just have the common decency to say "what about X" instead of tossing a heretofore unmentioned issue as if it has anything to do with my initial response.

It's irrelevant to what was being discussed and makes it appear as though you're projecting your beefs onto the rest of us.

I agree, one shouldn't have to change their email addresses. But take it up with the service provider for not sticking to standards.

Because here's the deal, as soon as BIS goes away or gets retired or what have you, you're stuck in the same boat, regardless of platform.

Okay, that final bit isn't totally true since Y! has an app for push email on is and Android.
    09-30-13 02:33 PM
    Okay, that final bit isn't totally true since Y! has an app for push email on is and Android.
    Er, not really. I have two Yahoo based email accounts -- one from my Yahoo-hosted domain and one that migrated over to Yahoo with AT&T. I can't even use the domain-based ("small biz") one with the app -- Yahoo won't allow it. The other one can be used with the app, of course, but it's certainly not push.
    09-30-13 02:43 PM
    Er, not really. I have two Yahoo based email accounts -- one from my Yahoo-hosted domain and one that migrated over to Yahoo with AT&T. I can't even use the domain-based ("small biz") one with the app -- Yahoo won't allow it. The other one can be used with the app, of course, but it's certainly not push.
    Ouch.

I thought the whole point of the app was to allow push email. Sorry for the incorrect information.
    09-30-13 03:47 PM
    Exactly why shoud i change the mail because i change my phone

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 06:45 PM
    use to get mail from Yahoo instantly on my BB 9800 Now on myQ10 I have to wait sometime 4 minutes to get Yahoo mail. Also it won't delete emails on the web Yahoo from my Q10. Anyone have that issue?
    10-02-13 09:23 PM
50 12