I am worried about the new vzw tiered plans coming out, so I did some research. Here is a link to the average amount of data used for a smartphone. It seems 2gb will be plenty for the average user. There are other articles out there, but this seems to be the norm.

Average US smartphone data usage climbs 89%, cost per MB drops 46% | TUAW - The Unofficial Apple Weblog
    06-29-11 10:32 AM
    Agreed. I average anyehere from 800mb to 1.6 gb.

But from a perspective of the way VZW think$, I am surprised they didn't offer something like a 1gb plan for $15 or $20 (and then they hope for overages).
    06-29-11 11:25 AM
    Yeah, I don't understand why people are "worried" about this. The vast majority of users don't use over 2GB even on their current "unlimited" plan. Some do, but the majority don't.

Most people should not be worried about the tiered plans.
    06-29-11 12:02 PM
    The Tiered services will definitely affect users of non BB's. With the way BB compress their data, MOST people never see those limits. Look for an outcry of mass proportions by the users of iPhones and Androids, etc...
    06-29-11 02:26 PM
    I'm personally moving to a droid from my S2 before the tiered transition. I currently use almost 2 gigs each month. I never tether. Most of my data is Pandora streaming. I know I will exceed 2 gigs easily on the droid. By the time my two years is up with android I hope I can come back to a QNX blackberry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-11 02:34 PM
    The problem is going to be for us iOS users and Android folks. With iCloud backing up and the Droid Living in the cloud I expect for folks to freak out. (Happy to be grandfathered in)
    06-29-11 03:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD