I am working on populating the AutoText list on my new 8310 Curve and was wondering what time saving autotexts I have created?

I have added a bunch for various towns I visit so that I can just type the first and last letter of the town name and it enters the full name for me. Same for British counties.
    07-20-08 03:46 PM
    I have a couple of names, a custom signature, etc.

If you find yourself repeatedly entering the same thing, make an AutoText for it
    07-20-08 03:48 PM
    I added the three-letter identifiers for the airports I most often use, and the four-letter identifiers for my employer's field centers.
    07-20-08 04:00 PM
    I am working on populating the AutoText list on my new 8310 Curve and was wondering what time saving autotexts I have created?
    Haven't added any. One problem: If I type in MO (as in Missouri) and then space, it puts in month, so I had to remove that.

The ones I found most useful are apostrophes such as youve comes out as you've. Those are the biggest time savers in my opinion.

Paul
    07-20-08 06:12 PM
    I...even as an adult..put a smiley and a frowny face in auto text : ) & : ( along with my blog address. Http://ballscratch.blogspot.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-08 09:34 PM
    I've added some for punctuation

b %b! for exclamation point
    v %b? for question mark
    n %b, for comma

So, if I type:

So n if I type

It comes out like that first sentence:

So, if I type

Any questions v

Comes out

Any questions?
    07-20-08 10:21 PM
    I like all the contractions it has in there, but I had to add in "I'll" and I think that's about it
    07-20-08 10:25 PM
    I like all the contractions it has in there, but I had to add in "I'll" and I think that's about it
    As long as you don't try to text while ill...
    07-20-08 10:40 PM
    I added u=you, r=are, and tons of contractions. I like that feature on this phone.

07-20-08 10:42 PM
    I added my address since it is so long and got tired to telling my friends where I live.
    07-20-08 10:58 PM
    lol
    I have common phrases that I use a million times a day with my boyfriend and sometimes friends
    such as:
    I type:
    ilyb=
    I love you baby!
    wrudb=
    what are you guys doing baby???

and the list goes forever on and on..ahahahahaaa
    it's my little secret I use all the time
    07-20-08 11:33 PM
    As long as you don't try to text while ill...
    Lol... good point. I'll have to remember to refer to it as being sick or something else
    07-21-08 12:11 AM
    I added shorcuts to my kids names, and one for a driving notification to let people know I'm on the road and not ignoring them.

I've got to admit the "I'll" thing annoyed me too unitl I searched the data base and found that typing il translates to I'll.
    Last edited by Kronk; 07-21-08 at 12:28 AM.
    07-21-08 12:24 AM
    Your blackberry should be preset to change il to I'll automatically!!

Edit: next time I'll read ALL of the replies before posting! :-)
    Last edited by pashan; 07-21-08 at 01:19 AM.
    07-21-08 01:16 AM
    Your blackberry should be preset to change il to I'll automatically!!

Edit: next time I'll read ALL of the replies before posting! :-)
    I almost duped this same info.

I find I have enough trouble typing on a regular computer expecting a non-existent auto text to fix it. So I haven't added any customs.
    07-21-08 02:44 AM
    That is my biggest problem too. when I'm at work on my computer I'll be sending an email or something and hit space space instead of a period or something like that. These short cuts are too good. Maybe there is a way to do some of that auto correct stuf in SM word and lotus notes too so I'll never have to use a . on the keyboard again.
    07-21-08 12:25 PM
    I have a couple of favorites while posting on the WAP forum.

C L G becomes a colour Green vB tag.

C L R and B for Red and Blue.

Q T for Quote tags.

No spaces of course.

07-21-08 02:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD