Hi everyone,

I'm going to be studying abroad and the data is MUCH cheaper than sending texts, so I'm asking all of my friends to email me from their phones, and then I can respond to their number@vtext.com or whatever provider they use. Problem is, Blackberry automatically puts in the original text in the response - I know how to remove this manually, I'm wondering if there's a way to do this automatically?

Otherwise it just errors or parses because of the 160 limit to most carriers. Normally I wouldnt care, and do it manually, but since I will be using this as my primary form of texting, it would be nice to get it automatic

Thanks!
    07-01-10 03:00 PM
    Message > Menu > Reply > Menu > Delete Original Text

That's as "automatic" as it's going to get.

Why not use their MMS address (number@vzwpix.com)so that you can send 1000 characters?
    07-01-10 04:11 PM
    I use this. http://bberryapp.com/blackberryappli...plyAndEdit.jad

You can select Forward & Edit or Reply & Edit from the menu when you open an email.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-10 05:22 PM
    Why not use Google Voice and your e-mail address ?
    07-01-10 09:35 PM

You can select Forward & Edit or Reply & Edit from the menu when you open an email.
    Outstanding app! I've been going crazy for years not being able to edit the extraneous text in the body of an e-mail that I wish to forward.

Thanks a million!

07-02-10 01:06 AM

Thanks for the link.

07-02-10 03:22 AM
    Outstanding app! I've been going crazy for years not being able to edit the extraneous text in the body of an e-mail that I wish to forward.

Thanks a million!

No problem!

07-02-10 06:15 AM
    thanks sdmcwilliams, it worked wonders!
    09-11-10 02:04 AM
    Hmm... I will write this app at this week. I think this will get about one - two evenings
    09-14-10 06:42 AM
    Why not use Google Voice and your e-mail address ?
    I use GV and have the same problem. My GV messages go to gmail because the GV app for blackberry doesn't actually have push. The best you can get is 5 minute polling. When I reply to a GV, i have to delete the original text or the header below gets appended to the returned text.
    12-26-11 06:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD