I have a curve 8520 and I have looked around for wifi apps and I can't find any that sound or work like I'd want, so I figured I'd ask... lol
    Anyways, is there any sort of app that even with wifi off that the app has settings so that every so many minutes it turns on the wifi and checks the networks in range and if any match ones you have saved, it stays on and uses wifi and if you leave the range of the wifi it automaticly shuts off the wifi?
    01-27-11 10:49 AM
    01-27-11 10:57 AM
    thanks man
    01-27-11 11:20 AM
    Yep. Another vote for Smart WiFi. I tested quite a few apps that filled this void, Smart Wifi is a real set-it-and-forget-it kind of app.
    01-27-11 11:50 AM
    Thanks howarmat for the recommendation. I downloaded smart wifi and so far it works exactly as described. I did have one problem, which may be purely coincidental, but I'll mention it in case any one else has seen it. I did not reboot after installing smart wifi. After I left my wifi area and smart wifi had disabled the wifi, I noticed my phone repeatedly dialing the last number I had called. Fortunately it was an inactive conference call dial-in, so I wasn't annoying anyone. I did a battery pull reboot, and the dialing stopped. I'm now back in my wifi area and smart wifi re-enabled wifi automatically.
    01-30-11 02:53 PM
    Jeff never had that problem so it would seem just a coincidence maybe.
    01-30-11 03:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD