Hey everyone, is there any way to resend failed sms? I'm used to my LG Chocolate. I send a message on the subway and when I get service it sends. My bb just puts an X. Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-08 05:56 PM
    Open the message, push the menu button, select resend.
    Enjoy!
    03-12-08 06:57 PM
    Right, was just wondering if it would do it automatically since I don't always remember to. With my chocolate if the subway passes quickly through a tunnel or something where there's a drop of signal it would pick up and quickly send the message.
    03-12-08 07:11 PM
    i was looking for this too. it's such a basic feature!
    04-09-08 08:58 PM
    Yeah! There MUST be a way to do this.

04-09-08 09:51 PM
    really this is a pretty basic feature.... its quite annoying, everytime i send a message in a place with less than perfect service i have to constantly check and manually resend resend resend.... anybody have a solution yet.
    07-30-08 01:21 PM
    I think that feature was added to 4.5. I don't think the older os can do this without manually hitting resend.

07-30-08 01:59 PM
    Sorry to respond to an old thread. This seems to be a problem with my Storm too. I suppose I need to make it a habit to check for the red x occasionally, especially given the flaky connectivity of phones?

This seems like basic functionality here, I would rather the BlackBerry either (a) sound an alarm telling me I need to resend or (b) just automatically resend.

Hopefully I'm just doing something wrong or missing a setting since it appears this should not be a problem with the Storm (OS 4.7)?
    08-12-09 04:21 PM
    Sometimes when a SMS I send fails it really does send, but multiple times on it's own. It's weird. I just sent one that failed, resent it, and my friend replied saying she got the same message 4x. Has this ever happened to anyone else?
    08-12-09 05:04 PM
    I've seen tha tbefore too, or it has a red X and I resend and the person's like you sent me that message 3 times. Still can't believe it doesn't just auto resend all the time, because it happens even in good signal area, sometimes a message just doesn't go.
    08-13-09 02:06 PM
    Sometimes when a SMS I send fails it really does send, but multiple times on it's own. It's weird. I just sent one that failed, resent it, and my friend replied saying she got the same message 4x. Has this ever happened to anyone else?
    Happens to me all the time
    08-13-09 05:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD