Hi total noob here sorry.

How do u remove mail attachments from emails being received by the BB? I have limited memory on my BB and also I have a fixed limit data plan I don't wana go over.

A follow-up question is whether email attachments are saved to the device as received or whether any attachments shows up as a link only, and that one downloads to their device iif one clicks on it ??????

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-10 05:16 AM
    Seems that all mails and attachments are stored on the server until opened. Only the headers are pushed to your device. That's what a friend from Celcom told me. I may be wrong or it varies on carriers though. But that seems to be the case across 3 carriers I've used.
    04-22-10 05:41 AM
    Yes. The attachments are not pushed to the device unless you open them.

Once you open them, the only way to free up the space is to delete the whole message.
    04-22-10 05:54 AM
    Yes. The attachments are not pushed to the device unless you open them.

Once you open them, the only way to free up the space is to delete the whole message.
    Thanks for that info. My followup is whether me reading the message constitues opening it also. Most of the time I read emails with large attachments but I don't open the attachments with my BB. I use my laptop to properly open email attachments.

Is just reading the text of an email same as opening it attachments.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-10 10:31 AM
    When you receive an attachment with an email, you have two Menu choices:

Open Attachment uses BlackBerry Attachment Viewer to display the document. It is not saved in memory.

Download Attachment defaults to save the attachment to your media card, there is no impact on device memory.

04-22-10 10:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD