I use the auto on/off every night and love the option for weekday and weekends. But one thing that annoys me is that all the emails that come in between the time the phone powered off and the time it comes back on shows the time received (in my inbox) as the same time the phone powered back on. If I open up the email it will show the actual time it came in. So, if I want to know the actual time an email was received, I have to open it up.

Why is that?
    06-10-11 08:34 PM
    Same thing with text messages. With OS4.5 and below(before threaded) it showed the real time the text came in. That means that if I got my text an hour late, I'd know.
    That isn't the case with 5.0 and up.

The device just shows when it was delivered to you.
    Not when it was delivered to the phone, that would cause ordering issues when your data dies but voice stays.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-11 08:39 PM
    But why if you open up the message it tells you the time it actually was received?

So annoying to have to open the message to get the accurate time, no?

I guess the solution would be to disable on/off.
    But I like the battery saving aspect.
    06-10-11 08:43 PM
  4. T
    I guess the solution would be to disable on/off.
    But I like the battery saving aspect.
    So this means you DON'T charge your phone each night? I'm curious ... Why not just plug it into the charger?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-11 09:02 PM
    No, I don't charge it every night. I charge it just about every other day. I like the auto on/off so I don't have to remember to turn it off (or on).
    I slip it in my bag at night so I don't forget it when I leave for work in the morning, and it is already turned on.
    06-10-11 09:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD