Ok so I have a problem with my message log on my pearl. For some reason my phone will delete messages from yesterday, but will still have messages from May 22. It seems like everytime I send a mms message, it deletes all texts from before that mms message. Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks in advance
    06-09-09 07:36 AM
    Sounds like you have a memory problem. What is your file free?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-09 07:38 AM
    Yup, it's a memory issue! Check out this link, it'll help you put to gain extra!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

06-09-09 07:43 AM
    not sure what file free is, but I'll check the link and make it happen. Thanks Guys!
    06-09-09 08:03 AM
    I actually have a 1 gb mem card in the slot, is there a way that I can make all my messages save to that?
    06-09-09 08:04 AM
    That's a great link. You just need to do a little house cleaning and you should be fine.

06-09-09 08:05 AM
    Dan, there's no way of putting your messages on the memory card. Also, it doesn't matter if you have a memory card, it won't help out with your devices memory! It's only used for pics, videos, music etc.

To find your File Free, go to Options, Status. You should have a minimum of 12000000 bytes for the phone to function correctly!

06-09-09 08:52 AM
    ok mine file free has 359509 bytes, how do it fix this? when i trackball click nothing happens, when i press the blackberry button my only options are "call voicemail, database sizes, copy"
    06-09-09 01:07 PM
    Whoa!! You're pushing your luck with that little memory!

Here's what you do...

Move all pictures, music videos etc over to your media card. Save any important texts, emails and delete all that are not important. Then, go to Options, Advanced Options, Applications. From there, delete all the apps that you don't use. For advanced help, go to the link I posted and that will help you out tremendously! Also, be sure to perform daily battery pulls. This will help regain any memory you have lost in that day.

06-09-09 02:30 PM
    Whoa!! You're pushing your luck with that little memory!

Here's what you do...

Move all pictures, music videos etc over to your media card. Save any important texts, emails and delete all that are not important. Then, go to Options, Advanced Options, Applications. From there, delete all the apps that you don't use. For advanced help, go to the link I posted and that will help you out tremendously! Also, be sure to perform daily battery pulls. This will help regain any memory you have lost in that day.

A VERY good idea, I do a battery pull every morning right before I do my morning routine, shower, shave, etc and when I go to grab my phone and head out to work it's ready to go and has max memory.

There are 2 programs you can get that automate the pull process and do NOT require you to open the door and actually pull the battery. They are quickpull and softreset.
    06-09-09 02:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD