I use an iPhone currently and have often been annoyed with the auto-correct feature and feel it takes more time to use than without. I just found out it can be turned off and I am looking forward to see how I feel the difference is. I often use slang or non-typical/predictable language that I feel doesn't work well with auto-correct. My question is how important do people feel auto-correct is?
    11-03-11 01:29 AM
    genereally you will make more mistakes using a virtual keyboard over a physical so it helps a good deal. But like you stated if you use slang that will not be in the dictionary then you are basically fighting against it. It will do more harm than good.
    AZ87 likes this.
    11-03-11 01:32 AM
    Like my other post, I aboslutely hate it physical keys or virtual.
    AZ87 likes this.
    11-03-11 01:42 AM
    I learned to embrace it on my storm. Once you get your user dictionary built w your slang it is quite effective. It actually helps when your only typing 2 or 3 letters and you have a whole word filled in for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-11 08:41 AM
  5. T
    I'm on a physical keyboard, and I use it for speed and accuracy. For example, I know that when I type "well," I 'll get "we'll." If I want "well," I type "wel." I set it up this way to save some steps, for speed.
    11-03-11 09:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD