is there any way to setup the BB so that it auto connects to any open wifi network in the area or does the wifi only auto connect to saved profiles?
    12-18-09 08:44 AM
    *I* believe you first have to scan for a WiFi network and then save it.
    12-18-09 08:46 AM
    You do have to first scan and connect you your Wifi Network devices... I have mine setup at home, work, a coffee shop and my car dealership... so now whenever I'm in range of any of these I am connected the Wifi automatically... but only to those.
    12-18-09 08:49 AM
    After you connect to those open network, e.g. AT&T wifi at Starbuck, you possibly could connect automatically when you are at Starbuck at different location. This happens to me when I go from one Starbuck cloes to home and another one close to my office, etc.
    12-18-09 08:53 AM
    After you connect to those open network, e.g. AT&T wifi at Starbuck, you possibly could connect automatically when you are at Starbuck at different location. This happens to me when I go from one Starbuck cloes to home and another one close to my office, etc.
    Yep - same with me, I saved one Starbucks location, and it now logs me into all Starbucks locations automatically. They all have to have the same SSID though. Sometimes when I'm waiting at a Red light I'll glance down and see that my WiFi indicator is lit up, and then I'll look out and see a Starbucks across the street.
    12-18-09 09:02 AM
    WIFI will only auto connect to saved profiles. Once you've saved them however, it will connect when you are in range. Provided your WIFI radio is on.
    12-18-09 09:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD