how do u get ur bluetooth to automatically pick up calls? on my motorola the bluetooth automatically picked up incoming calls. does the blackberry do this? i have a curve by the way
    06-12-09 11:45 AM
    Green phone key / Menu / Options / General Options / Auto Answer Calls / Out of Holster.

Note: this option works ONLY if your phone is in the holster when it starts ringing. If it is out of the holster, the headset will not auto-answer. If the phone is in the holster, and starts to ring, and you take it out of the holster to check the caller-id, the headset will answer automatically, whether you wanted to talk to the person or not. That's not the way I want it to work, but it may suit your purposes.
    06-13-09 03:56 PM
    I told my father who is disabled to switch from a Palm Treo to the BlackBerry 8830 because of the phones advanced features. However, I never double-checked to see if the auto-answer feature was available because it seemed so simple and common. He wears his Bluetooth earpiece all day long and expects his phone to auto-answer because he can't move his hands. Please tell me there is a work-around and we didn't just wait our time and money on this new phone.
    08-12-09 01:52 PM
    I just checked my 9630 running OS 4.7 and it works the same as did my 8830 running OS 4.5. Auto-answer only works if the BlackBerry is in the magnetic holster when it begins to ring and you remove it from the holster while it is ringing. So the 8830 it isn't going to help your father. However, there are Bluetooth headsets that have hands-free answer capability. For example, my BlueAnt V1 accepts voice commands, including "Answer or Ignore" and "Call..." That might be an acceptable solution for your father, at the expense of having to buy another device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-09 04:38 PM
    Yes I have tried to utilize the auto answer function with my bluetooth and while driving and it doesn't work. Since many of us are trying to drive with both hands on the wheel it is a shame BB hasn't kept up with the competition for such a simple software correction. I really miss my Samsung Blackjack on many levels especially this one. I hear or feel the BB ring with a call and then must press the bluetooth earpiece to answer the call. After pressing the bluetooth there is a long delay before the BB acutally becomes operative. Many callers have hung up because of the delayed answer. I have my phone set to vibrate first and then ring. All of my other non BB phones were able to provide this feature especially the Blackjack Ace.
    10-08-09 09:48 AM
    Remeber folks, the BlackBerry was originally designed for business, and that heritage shows through from time to time.
    Imagine if you had auto-answer and forgot to turn it off before an important meeting?
    Personally I've never felt the need for auto-answer, nor can I think of any reason I'd want it, but whatever works for you I guess.
    10-08-09 12:03 PM
    I told my father who is disabled to switch from a Palm Treo to the BlackBerry 8830 because of the phones advanced features. However, I never double-checked to see if the auto-answer feature was available because it seemed so simple and common. He wears his Bluetooth earpiece all day long and expects his phone to auto-answer because he can't move his hands. Please tell me there is a work-around and we didn't just wait our time and money on this new phone.
    I hope this doesn't sound rude, but if your dad can't move his hands, why does he need a smartphone at all? I mean, if he can't type, then how can he use it?

Sorry, I'm just really curious...
    10-08-09 12:05 PM
    Here you go. I haven't tried it personally, but here's an app that should fix things for you, I hope.
    Download AutoEarpiece 1.0 for Blackberry - Auto-answer a call when a headset is connected. - Softpedia
    10-08-09 12:15 PM
    SMNC, yes I absolutely know the BB was designed primarily for business use. I'm a professional business person with two business that I keep up with, plus the larger employer I work for employees 35,000 people with most of the senior executives having BB's. We are all required to drive hands free when on company business. This requirement also applies to our private car if we are transporting other employees to company functions. The policy is written with immediate dismissal if not followed. So I need the BB to be as good as the Samsung ACE. The fact that it can't auto answer a bluetooth call is rather lackluster on BB's part since they support the business world. My car is a stick shift so this feature is very high on my list of what's important as well as the balance of the professional side of this device. My world is very active with the cell phone being used exactly as a cell phone. The toy side of the BB is secondary. Receiving a call is what the phone is supposed to do and do it better than all other phones on the market. That's my expectations of a professional business tool like the BB not an iPod toy type phone.
    10-08-09 08:32 PM
    I tried the auto earpiece download and it doesn't work with a bluetooth headset. I haven't tried it yet with the hardwired headset but will do so and post again. Thanks!
    10-08-09 09:15 PM
    You wouldn't have wasted your money - because Verizon gives you 30 days to return any purchase. But yes, you would have wasted your time.
    10-08-09 10:13 PM
    SMNC, yes I absolutely know the BB was designed primarily for business use. I'm a professional business person with two business that I keep up with, plus the larger employer I work for employees 35,000 people with most of the senior executives having BB's. We are all required to drive hands free when on company business. This requirement also applies to our private car if we are transporting other employees to company functions. The policy is written with immediate dismissal if not followed. So I need the BB to be as good as the Samsung ACE. The fact that it can't auto answer a bluetooth call is rather lackluster on BB's part since they support the business world. My car is a stick shift so this feature is very high on my list of what's important as well as the balance of the professional side of this device. My world is very active with the cell phone being used exactly as a cell phone. The toy side of the BB is secondary. Receiving a call is what the phone is supposed to do and do it better than all other phones on the market. That's my expectations of a professional business tool like the BB not an iPod toy type phone.
    I can answer using my Acura's Handsfree Link regardless of whether the phone is in its holster or not.
    10-08-09 10:17 PM
    I tried the auto earpiece download and it doesn't work with a bluetooth headset. I haven't tried it yet with the hardwired headset but will do so and post again. Thanks!
    I hope it works...
    10-08-09 11:32 PM
    I just did some testing, and I can't get it to do anything...
    Sorry guys.

*edit:
    I've e-mailed the program author to see if he can help.
    Last edited by smnc; 10-09-09 at 01:01 AM. Reason: update
    10-09-09 12:30 AM
    05-01-12 11:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD