Good morning CB family, I currently have the 8130 Pearl through Verizon and I would like to know if there is any way that I can set my blackberry to answer automatically when I connect to my Bluetooth wireless headset?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-08 11:14 AM
    Unfortunately, the only auto-answer from the device is by taking the phone out of the holster. If there is an answer key on the bluetooth headset, that will work. Otherwise, you'll be stuck hitting the little green button every time
    06-03-08 11:42 AM
    what about autoanswer for a wired headset not in the holster?
    06-11-08 04:50 PM
    CTenn - Not so. There is an auto-answer option. Pull up your call log. Go to your menu and select Options>General Options. There you can select Auto Answer On/Off.
    06-11-08 04:59 PM
    Don't mean to be rude here jenay, but that option is only for taking the phone out of the holster. Unless he holds the phone in the holster and takes it out every time a call comes in, it will not work. For the purpose of simply auto-answering a call whenever it comes in, bb's do not have this option.
    06-11-08 05:46 PM
    Hmm. Well I have heard from several people that this option also works with a bluetooth headset.

I guess I'm not really going to say either way, because I don't use this function.
    06-11-08 05:55 PM
    There is the option for auto answer while in the holster, why would the option be there if it doesn't work?

06-11-08 07:40 PM
    i have my pearl in the otter box does that count as the holster?
    06-11-08 10:06 PM
    Nope. Otter box and holster.. Two different things.

06-12-08 12:05 AM
    so why cant i get it to autoanswer and hear the ringtone in my ear while wearing my wired headset?
    06-12-08 04:32 PM
    Umm..... Seeing as I don't use the Auto Answer feature I'm just guessing here but...

Do you have the Auto Answer feature set to under your options? As far as hearing the ringtone in your earpiece, I don't know. I don't use one of those wired thingies and I wouldn't assume that has anything whatsoever to do with the Auto Answer function..
    06-12-08 05:05 PM
    There is the option for auto answer while in the holster, why would the option be there if it doesn't work?

Look more closely at your option, CrackBlack. Your two choices are Auto Answer Call: "Out of Holster" and "Never." It's not a yes/no, and there's not an option for auto answer "In Holster".

It works the way CTenn described, whether you are using Bluetooth or not. If you phone is IN the holster, and it rings, when you TAKE IT OUT of the holster, it will answer. If it's out of the holster when it rings, nothing happens. This is really a nuisance mode of operation, because if you enable it, and the phone rings, and you take it out of the holster to see who the caller is, you just answered whether you want to or not! The mode "works," it just isn't particularly useful.
    06-12-08 07:13 PM
    why not just press the button on the headset?
    06-12-08 07:32 PM
    When this question came up a few days ago, the poster then was trying to get it to work hands-free with a motorcycle. He wanted the phone to answer without him having to take his hands off the handle bars. That's one example, there're probably others...
    Last edited by JeffH; 06-13-08 at 06:25 PM. Reason: grammar
    06-12-08 07:56 PM
    i was using my bluetooth headset and i heard the ring in my ear but it did not autoanswer for me. what a bummer.
    06-13-08 04:25 PM
    Yeah, unfortunately the auto-answer function only works if you remove the blackberry from the holster while it's ringing. Not a very useful function. My previous much older model blackberry worked the way, so it's not a new "feature."
    06-13-08 06:24 PM
    I like to screen my calls first. Sometimes I can't stand people....

06-13-08 10:44 PM
    I have the blackberry brand wired earpiece and the mute button serves as the answer button. Also mutes during calls and hangs up when held during calls.

I only use while driving and maybe while working in the yard, so I dont require a bluetooth to drain my batt. plus i will hold the phone to my ear while in a store instead of looking like a tool with a bluetooth in my ear.
    05-06-10 06:23 PM
    When this question came up a few days ago, the poster then was trying to get it to work hands-free with a motorcycle. He wanted the phone to answer without him having to take his hands off the handle bars. That's one example, there're probably others...
    05-06-10 09:17 PM
    There's a really odd echo in this forum. First mabbitman proffers an opinion on a question from almost two years ago, then jeanlee411 quotes my almost two year old answer verbatim and without attribution...
    05-06-10 09:26 PM
  21. T
    As far as having it answer every time it's taken out of the holster goes, I was wondering about that, too. I mean, who would want that? I screen every call. I can only conclude that the auto-answer feature must appeal to certain business types who answer every call, no matter who it's from, wherever they may be.

05-07-10 12:42 AM
  22. T
    I have the blackberry brand wired earpiece and the mute button serves as the answer button. Also mutes during calls and hangs up when held during calls.
    I have the wired one, too. It's reliable.

... I dont require a bluetooth to drain my batt. plus i will hold the phone to my ear while in a store instead of looking like a tool with a bluetooth in my ear.
    lol, I have a friend who's always ribbing me because I have "one of those blue things sticking in my ear."

05-07-10 02:01 AM
    I bike it to work...not on a cool motorcycle but still two wheels (mines better for the environment!) Anyway needed an auto answering mechanism to go along with my bluetooth headset. Found this app tho on the appworld and it does the trick:

BlackBerry App World - Drive Safe with HandsFree
    07-16-10 08:21 PM
    A friend of mine uses auto ans and still has her phone on when she is working. She likes it but when at work and she can't talk she says she can't talk. Personally I have told her when she is working she shouldn't use it. I don't think her clients like it. I wouldn't. She doesn't have a bb and when on auto she has her BT on too

07-16-10 08:49 PM
    SO, this is how I have it set up on my motorcycle. I use an AutoCom audio system. It ports music, GPS, phone calls... to my helmet (plus lets me talk with my passenger). It does have a bluetooth adapter that ties in with the system, which I use to connect my BlackBerry. The nice thing about it is that the bluetooth adapter will automatically answer the call for me (after two rings). That way, I don't have to take my hands off of the handlebars.

To add to this, I have a THC Comfort Cradle attached to my handlebars, so my BlackBerry sit just out of reach/view where I can look at the screen if a call comes in (and also use it for GPS directions). I only have to hit the red button if I don't want it to auto-answer a call.

I couldn't find a way for my BB to auto-answer on its own, and was really pleased that the bluetooth adapter that came with the AutoCom system did.
    07-16-10 09:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD