Did my battery pull for the day!!! Great thread!!! Thumbs up to Yester!!!
    I already said the very same thing; however, I wanted to piggyback on click's comments because this thread has gotten some dialouge going on whether a battery pull is useful or not. So, yay for Yester.
    08-05-08 10:54 AM
    Pulling battery....now!

Hope all y'all have a good one.
    08-05-08 10:55 AM
    First Battery Pull, and first post. This is a great site and I am looking forward to learning more.
    08-05-08 11:00 AM
    Soft Reset- I think every BB should have this app!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-08 11:02 AM
    Soft Reset- I think every BB should have this app!

I second that. It is a very useful app.
    08-05-08 11:07 AM
    First Battery Pull, and first post. This is a great site and I am looking forward to learning more.

Welcome Newbie. Make sure you introduce yourself to the CB community when you get a chance.
    08-05-08 11:07 AM
    Since I have the Curve, and the Otterbox is a total PITA to remove, I will do the Alt-Shift-Del Soft Reset instead. Yay!
    08-05-08 11:08 AM
    ...(cut)...
    So they are the same yet your saying RIM recommends what? UI never say any recommendations in your post nor have I ever got one from RIM my self...
    Instead of a Battery pull you can perform a double-soft reset, which essentially does the same thing

A normal "soft reset" does not do quite as much as a double...

Check out this article : How do I reset my BlackBerry? - BlackBerryFAQ
    08-05-08 11:12 AM
    I tend to agree with Patrick. Pulling a battery from a BlackBerry should be the last resort, like yanking a battery out of a running laptop or pulling the plug on a desktop.

I've tried soft reboot, double soft reboot, and battery pull. I have found no functional difference between a double soft reboot and a battery pull, and almost no difference between a soft reset and battery pull.

Since RIM does not recommend it (and they have the engineers who designed the things), and they do recommend soft or double soft reset, then as long as my keyboard is functioning, I'll soft reboot.

Sorry to have to decline joining your battery pull day. I will, however, be happy to do a soft reset...
    08-05-08 11:17 AM
    did it, opened up some more memory yaya!
    08-05-08 11:18 AM
    Instead of a Battery pull you can perform a double-soft reset, which essentially does the same thing

I know how to do a soft reset... but where does it says in RIM manual.... or even on their site.
    08-05-08 11:21 AM

You are giving out way too many good tips today. I would thank you again, but I have thank you enough it seems. I am just thankful CB has people like you, Chaz, and Sunkast around. So thank you ad infinitum.
    08-05-08 11:21 AM
    I just pulled even though I did on Sunday too. I usually do it once a week on the weekends. So my phone can feel as refreshed as I do after a hard week's work.
    08-05-08 11:22 AM
    bb unite - pulled - so refreshing!
    Patrick - now I really have a question. I have a second battery with a battery charger. Hence - I cycle the two in my bb. Based on your info on the link I read - comparing it with a pc (or mac - in my case) I assume now I should be powering off before I switch batteries. Correct?
    08-05-08 11:22 AM
    You are giving out way too many good tips today. I would thank you again, but I have thank you enough it seems. I am just thankful CB has people like you, Chaz, and Sunkast around. So thank you ad infinitum.
    Thanks man, much appreciated. Glad I can help
    08-05-08 11:23 AM
    I didn't mention in my post that in solidarity with the OP, Yester18, who has been nice to me in the past, I did a reboot for this thread!

08-05-08 11:24 AM
    Just pulled it, feeling refreshed already.
    08-05-08 11:24 AM
    Pulling in 3...2...1...
    08-05-08 11:27 AM
    Done son!!!
    08-05-08 11:34 AM
    Just pulled it and it feels great.
    08-05-08 11:35 AM
    When in doubt... Pull out.

Your battery that is.
    08-05-08 11:35 AM
    Battery pulled, refreshed and relaxed - like a day at a spa!!!
    08-05-08 11:36 AM
    I think I did a pull last week, but I'll be lemming today. Funny how lifeless this thing looks without the battery in it.
    08-05-08 11:38 AM
    I'm with you! I did it!
    :-)

08-05-08 11:39 AM
    I had to pull my battery anyway...lol because it died on me, had to replace with a fully charged spare.

08-05-08 11:40 AM
209 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD