Hey guys. When I upgraded to OS 5.0 earlier in the year I started to get consistent skipping problems when playing music from my Tour to my car using either Pandora or media player and playing through bluetooth. I've subsequently clean upgraded OS's every time they've been released, and I've also gotten a new Tour replacement, but none of these have worked. The skip happens every 7 seconds of play or so, where it basically clips off a second or so of music. It's really annoying. Yes, I deleted and re-initiated a new bluetooth profile each time I upgraded as well.

Anyone else having this issue? Any idea on any fixes to this?

Thanks!

S
    10-20-10 08:34 AM
    Anyone?

Bump.
    11-01-10 06:32 PM
    I had the exact same problem after upgrading to the Torch. Check your Bluetooth settings and see if "Encryption" is checked or on. After turning encryption off, the skipping stopped.

Hope that works for you too!
    11-18-10 04:15 PM
    I had the exact same problem after upgrading to the Torch. Check your Bluetooth settings and see if "Encryption" is checked or on. After turning encryption off, the skipping stopped.

Hope that works for you too!
    Thank you, but it didn't work... And I was so excited, too.
    11-22-10 10:26 AM
    i get the occasional skip as well with my torch (+ sony dr-bt50) ... i tried with both encryption on and off.. deleting and re-pairing the two too. kind of annoying but it doesn't happen too often.
    01-05-11 07:39 AM
    I had the same problem. I did notice, if I went to the home screen while the "skipping" was occurring, a blinking wifi indicator. It would "skip" at each blink of the icon. I tried turning wifi off. Problem solved. Well, for me at least. Hope that helps you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-11 07:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD