I've been using Treo's with Palm OS for many years and moved to BlackBerry because my company switched over.
    I do think there are many positive things about the Curve, but I just can't get used to not having the touch screen interface that seemed to be so seemless with the full qwerty keyboard.

Can all the ex-Treo users post if they are happy with switching over to BB?

Yes, no, or mixed.

I'm mixed still after a month.
    05-19-08 12:50 AM
    I am soooo happy to be away from that brick.

I hated the touchscreen, it was so buggy, always needing recalibration, and restarting on its own, freezing up, i never recommended palm to anyone at all.

Just so you dont think i was new with treos, i had: 600, 650, 680, 750, 680, 750, 680, 680 750, not including the PDAs i had, visor and such, i think you get the idea.

Only thing i liked was the SMS chat setup, and the 3g on the 750 was ok, but not worth having a palm over..
    05-19-08 12:55 AM
    Initially, I felt lost without the touch screen as well. But now, three months later, I love the trackball more than touch screen.

Furthermore, the stability of the Blackberry compared to Treo is so much better. Gone are the days where I have to reset my treo 750v at least 5 times a day...
    05-19-08 01:09 AM
    700W here, but I do not miss it at all.
    05-19-08 08:40 AM
    700W here, but I do not miss it at all.
    Ditto on the above, don't miss it one bit.
    05-19-08 09:41 AM
    I thought that I would be lost with out the touch screen, but now I would never want one again. I love the ball.

BB is coming out with or has a touch screen if that is something that you think you need, but I think that you will love the trackball....
    05-19-08 09:48 AM
    Came from a treo 700wx.... The only part is miss about windows mobile is that I could stream xm for free. I know quick play offers xm now, but I already pay a montly fee to xm so I can listen online in addition to the satellite unit. There's no reason to pay again. Other than that, the trackball more than makes up for lack of toucscreen, imo.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-08 09:55 AM
    Much prefer the BB over the Treo, I've had the BB a month and won't go back!
    05-19-08 11:30 AM
    I have had the 650 and 700wx and have never been happier than with my BB
    05-19-08 12:21 PM
    I've gone back and forth between touchscreens and regulars and the transition has never been a problem. With Treos though, I never liked them. Something about the Palm OS that I just didn't like, it felt stale. Not to mention it was constantly freezing on me. BB's are the way to go my friend.

05-19-08 12:28 PM
    Here's my Treo now, being used the best way possible:

door stop
    05-19-08 12:38 PM
    chaz!! That's the funniest thing! I nearly spewed my redbull all over my keyboard.

05-19-08 12:44 PM
    ROTFFLMAO - that's a classic.

I had a T600 on sprint back in '02. It was OK, needed hi-res screen & BT. 700wx on VZW last year, fuggin' battery guzzling brick that literally wouldn't get through an entire day, randomly reset and weighed a ton. ActiveSync was great for my Exchange server (when the phone worked that is) but otherwise, I hated the damned thing. Love my 8310 and it WORKS. Phone, GPS, email - everything I need it to do and hasn't left me stranded (unlike WinBlowz).
    05-19-08 12:51 PM
    I'm so happy i moved to the BB. I went through FIVE 650's before I bought a used BB on ebay to try it. I was so amazed that the bb "just plain works" that I never regretted it. You get over the lack of touchscreen real fast.
    05-19-08 02:00 PM
    You should probably ask this on the treo forum too. That way you get a mix of opinions.
    05-19-08 02:05 PM
    Here's my Treo now, being used the best way possible:

door stop
    Dude, the SD card still has value...!
    Last edited by TfD; 05-19-08 at 03:01 PM. Reason: typo
    05-19-08 03:00 PM
    Had a Treo 700wx for personal use and using it simultaneously with my business BB 8800. I had the choice to pick up either one, and when I found that I was using the BB for all my email, sms, browsing, gmaps, weather, etc etc -- figured that why not make my personal device a BB as well. Bluetooth connection on the Treo was totally unreliable, Treo locked up all the time -- always at the wrong time, bought an application that did a scheduled reboot every morning to fix that -- what a piece. And I don't miss not being able to make phone calls after 3:00 every afternoon and having to talk with it plugged into the car charger every day -- BB battery life makes the Treo a joke. And I don't miss lugging around a half-pound brick on my belt

The door stop picture is perfect !!

Now, I will admit to using my new "iPaq with an antenna that doesn't do anything formerly known as a Treo" when I need to input a lot of data in Excel, and it has a fitness app that just isn't available yet on BB, and I have so much data in eWallet that I'm gonna wait for the BB version rather than re-key into Flex Wallet or equivalent. But it spends all day in the computer case and all night in the charging stand, other than the 3 minutes a day once or twice a week that I might use it.

But -- no regrets and will never look back -- nor will I go back.
    05-19-08 07:13 PM
    I switched to my BB from the Treo 700wx on the 9th when Verizon got the Curve, and I'm glad I did! The only thing I really miss on that phone is touch screen Solitaire!
    05-19-08 08:06 PM
    No contest. No question. Had a BB for a month now. I would never go back to that Treo trash. Best thing it COULD be used for is a doorstop.
    05-19-08 08:26 PM
    I've had a BB for a year now. When I first got my curve I hated it. It seemed like things I did on my treo in one touch took a series of clicks on the BB. I kept pressing my screen out of habit. And some of the PDA functions didn't work as well. But I hated the bulk of the treo and I'd heard that a lot of people were having stability issues with the newer ones (I had a 600 and it was like an old mule that kept hauling a$$ and refused to die - I don't think it EVER froze or spontaneously reset itself) So I stuck with it and I got used to it. I traded in my curve for a pearl and I've had so much more fun with it then I ever had with my treo. I had the opportunity to switch back to Palm and it wasn't much of a contest.
    05-19-08 08:53 PM
    I'm a ex treo 700p user. I loved my treo didn't think there was anything better then that little bundle of joy.............that's until I got my blackberry and damn what a shame my treo turned into. Lol I like palm its a good OS but its sad that there falling apart now

05-20-08 10:54 PM
    Came from a 680 and don't miss it at all.
    05-20-08 11:07 PM
    I am glad I found this thread. I have been worried I won't like the change to BB from my 700P. However my wife needs the palm OS for nursing, because the drug info she can download onto the palm. So no better time to give it to her. After reading this thread, it has put me at ease that I will enjoy and like the change.

Thanks.
    05-21-08 04:23 PM
    I've had mine for about 2 weeks and absolutely love it. There are 2 things that I absolutely hate and majorly suck about it that I can't be changed...yet...

1. SMS messages not going into threaded/chat form. It sucks that there are no real options for viewing txt messages. Oh well...I'm dealing with it but it really is annoying
    2. It's complete need to constantly be in my hand due to its great interface and overall usefullness.

Other than those 2 irritating problems I love my curve! It would be nice however if there were multiple calendars. Now that would be a great. One for work, and one for home or some other group based event list.
    05-22-08 11:46 AM
    I still have a bit of love for my Treo, but not for the WM5, or the resetting, or the freezing.

05-22-08 12:30 PM
69 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD