Yeah about that; I took it to mean when he said they were launching some new BB7 devices in "emerging" markets, it meant for 3rd world countries only. What would be the chances of the average American or Canadian ever even hearing about or seeing one of those without looking them up online?

I don't think it's as asinine sounding as everyone else may for them to make some new BB7 devices if those devices are going to be dirt cheap for them to make and cheap enough to sell. Would an "emerging" market be able to afford the costs of BB10 devices?
    07-02-13 07:49 AM
    Yeah, as BBRY is multi billion dollar company one would assume that it's led by people who actually understand what they're doing. Well, if this would be the case, we wouldn't have to discuss this obviously.

Looking at recent years, it's likely that the Aristo will launch with an outdated processor and a 720p screen. If this will be the case, well, someone made a bad decision. AGAIN. So just let us play armchair-CEO.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 08:20 AM
    Yeah, as BBRY is multi billion dollar company one would assume that it's led by people who actually understand what they're doing. Well, if this would be the case, we wouldn't have to discuss this obviously.

Looking at recent years, it's likely that the Aristo will launch with an outdated processor and a 720p screen. If this will be the case, well, someone made a bad decision. AGAIN. So just let us play armchair-CEO.

Posted via CB10

Oh you can play, but please at least play nice, all these "arm-chair CEO's" actually believe they're right, and they aren't.
    No one here knows what is needed to "save BBRY" no one, maybe not even the people at BBRY's helm.
    BB10 is a great OS, the Z10 and the Q10 are great devices, but you all saw it didn't you? BBRY didn't sell a lot of them, and BBOS devices actually surpassed them. Maybe the people claiming "It's a little too late" were right, or maybe it's just a matter of time we just don't know.

Maybe we should... you know, wait and see?
    07-02-13 01:58 PM
    Oh you can play, but please at least play nice, all these "arm-chair CEO's" actually believe they're right, and they aren't.
    No one here knows what is needed to "save BBRY" no one, maybe not even the people at BBRY's helm.
    BB10 is a great OS, the Z10 and the Q10 are great devices, but you all saw it didn't you? BBRY didn't sell a lot of them, and BBOS devices actually surpassed them. Maybe the people claiming "It's a little too late" were right, or maybe it's just a matter of time we just don't know.

It's fair to say that most people could not just step up into Thorsten's place and double the stock price over night, but there are a lot of good ideas here that could help it stop from dropping further. After all every time someone brings up a reason they are disappointed is one more straw on the camels back that the investors have to consider.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    kevinnugent likes this.
    07-02-13 03:30 PM

I think the point is that MANY of us know what would actually help BBRY. BUT noone really has a clue if these theories/strategies are actually realistic and executable. There are a lot of question marks left, no matter how great an idea is. At the end it all comes down to know-how, time, money and independent variables like hurdles from market and competitors. So just to take the A10 as an example. Let's say they indeed plan to release it with an outdated processor and a 720p screen. Well, maybe it's just because the hardware is already ready or too finished to start from scratch/make the needed adjustments.

Posted via CB10
    JR A likes this.
    07-02-13 04:21 PM

Isn't this a discussion forum? What have I been doing here the last 6 years?
    07-02-13 05:27 PM
    Someone call the WAAAAAAMMBULANCE!!!

Posted via CB10
    For the OP?
    07-02-13 05:33 PM
    I think the point is that MANY of us know what would actually help BBRY. BUT noone really has a clue if these theories/strategies are actually realistic and executable. There are a lot of question marks left, no matter how great an idea is. At the end it all comes down to know-how, time, money and independent variables like hurdles from market and competitors. So just to take the A10 as an example. Let's say they indeed plan to release it with an outdated processor and a 720p screen. Well, maybe it's just because the hardware is already ready or too finished to start from scratch/make the needed adjustments.

Posted via CB10
    At least somebody's hearin' me!

Can I get an amen?!
    07-02-13 05:42 PM
    So just to take the A10 as an example. Let's say they indeed plan to release it with an outdated processor and a 720p screen. Well, maybe it's just because the hardware is already ready or too finished to start from scratch/make the needed adjustments.

Posted via CB10
    so this really will prove if BlackBerry really is the old RIM. pretty much EVERY android manufacturer has pivoted and is now producing 5"+ 1080p screens as they notice people liked the galaxy note and saw that as a trend they could get cash from.
    Im sorry but you cant use that excuse when you release a phone half a year after the S4 and HTC One, if it was a month or two then yea the company was just a lil behind or whatever, but with the market having moved to 1080p screens at the end of 2012, that means Samsung and others have been looking at this for a long time (aren't phones 2 years to make from scratch?).

At the end of the day BlackBerry were saying about 720p being locked as a res while other 1080p phones were being carrier tested by other makers. the Aristo will truly show how much of BlackBerry is the old RIM and how much is the new BlackBerry.
    07-02-13 05:51 PM
159 ... 567