Here�s my situation:
    Just got a new Torch 9810 to replace my old one that is completely dead.
    I added my g-mail account with no problem and did a sync for both my Google calendar and G-Mail contacts. The calendar sync worked fine, but the sync simply stalled at �initializing� the address book/contacts. The sync stalled at 55% and never moved even though I left everything alone over night.
    I checked both �Calendar� and �Contacts� so that is not the problem.
    I completely removed the g-mail account and attempted to sync two additional times with the exact same result.
    My SIM card has a VERY small number of contacts so I really need to get this thing to work.

Can anyone enlighten me?
    Note: I am NOT at all tech savvy so please refrain from using slang or acronyms.
    06-13-14 07:17 AM
    So you are saying that you successfully sync your Torch with Google Calendar and contacts, which means you can see them on the website, but you couldn't sync them to your new phone?

Posted via CB10 on my Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.296
    06-13-14 07:47 AM
    Nope.

The calendar synced correctly. All my dates from my G-Mail appeared on my phone.

The sync froze (can't think of a better word) at the "initializing" stage of syncing the contacts/address book. This also happened to be at 55%. Three attempts yielded the exact same result.

As a result, I only have the contacts I have on my SIM - which is very few.
    06-13-14 02:16 PM
    che k the contacts to make sure they either have a company name or first and last name. if any have dates filled in then make sure ther full 4 year dates and like "74" or the likes.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    06-13-14 10:33 PM
    No dates, but some of my contacts have only company names rather than first and last names. Does this matter?
    06-14-14 10:06 AM
    No dates, but some of my contacts have only company names rather than first and last names. Does this matter?
    That is actually fine. As long as either is filled. Company OR first AND last names. Do any of the contacts have odd characters in their names. I remember that Outlook had a real difficult time with certain characters, not sure how Gmail handles it though.
    06-16-14 06:56 AM
    No strange characters
    06-20-14 09:08 AM