Att Priv Display-img_20151107_144649.jpg
    The Priv display in a local AT&T store by me. My daughter wants this phone!

Typed from my AT&T passport
    11-07-15 02:53 PM
    Stopped by the closest AT&T store. It's a small one, but to my surprise they did have a fully charged Priv demo (next to a Note).

Was asked twice if I was interested.

Seemed to work ok, but the apps needed updating and there was no Google Play account set up so I couldn't update them.

They keyboard seems so small, really makes it seem like a 'nice' feature instead of a primary one.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 03:06 PM
    Typical! Why are you surprised? BlackBerry themselves have no interest. There should be an attendant from BlackBerry at ALL stores where the device is launched, again BlackBerry hasn't got a clue.

Posted via CB10
    Absolutely!! Because every phone manufacturer has an employee stationed in every single carrier retail location there is! Shame on Blackberry for being so asinine!

When i went to the T-Mobile store last, I had to wade through a sea of samsung, APPLE, HTC, LG, and Microsoft employees just to get to a store rep. It was really crowded in there!
    11-07-15 04:22 PM
    I just left the ATT store. I was pleasantly surprised they had a working display and The Priv was fully charged. The person that helped me was really really knowledgeable and he was enthusiastic about the Priv and was excited and hoped that it would set BlackBerry back on the right track. I left there almost with the device in my hand but I'm gonna wait a little bit to see what happens with the updates because I want an unlocked version.

College Valedictorian.. I.T. Pro... Red Passport on 10.3.1.2576 on ATT.. SoFlo... #LexusBoys #TeamVossen ...... #TeamVySol
    11-07-15 05:06 PM
    The AT&T store I was in today, said they only got 2 Privs in stock to sell initially and of course they were sold out. The display model was charged and fully functional and the female store rep was pretty knowledgeable about the phone and had a lot of compliments about it. Also of note (no pun intended) it was on display next to a samsung galaxy s5 or something and it totally outclassed that device! If I was uniformed and just looking for the latest device, the BlackBerry Priv outclassed almost everything on the floor. A little marketing would go a long way with this phone.

Typed from my AT&T passport
    11-07-15 05:42 PM
    Yeah that was my point. Wouldn't be a viable option, from a business standpoint.

But I hope the Priv is a smashing success!

Posted via CB10
    It's VERY viable it means a presence and interest in the consumer side of the business, people already think BlackBerry does not make devices

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 05:56 PM
    Went by the AT&T in Murfreesboro TN. They had the Priv next to Classic fully charged. And the backdrop was a photo of the Priv. But display was tucked in a corner, far away.

We played with it for awhile. My son prefers the OS10, and his Leap will be in Tuesday to replace his Z10. He was disappointed "that it's mostly Android with the name BlackBerry slapped on it" was his impression. My husband, an Android guy, thought it was huge (he has an S5) but liked it. Thought it felt premium with gorgeous display. I prefer the clean look and feel of OS10 and always found Androids to be quite busy. I don't mind it too much on my Android tablet but not on my phone. I will stick with my Classic, and when it's time to get a new device, I hope to have some options that will include an OS10 device.

But BlackBerry did a great job with the Priv. Had no problems with the keyboard at all. It is small but I had no problems typing away. I prefer the form factor of the Bold and Classic. But the Priv pays a nice homage to the Torch. Hope it does well!

Posted via Classic
    11-07-15 06:15 PM
    Checked it out at my local att store tonight, and the phone looks and feels amazing. Can't speak to the performance of the phone, but man its a handsome phone.

Like others have said the pp is gone, just the Classic is still there.

I noticed that the Priv doesn't stand out. I found it quickly bc I noticed the keyboard of the classic. Other than that the Priv looks lost amongst all of the other phones. No real signage to make it stand out as a new and unique device.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 10:03 PM
    Was the keyboard narrower than the Q10? I know it's narrower than the classic.

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>Z30>
    Yes, narrower and shorter. I know I will adjust, as my old 9700 (which my husband insists on still using) seems awkward (yet I used it for 4 years). Happily, the virtual keyboard is the best I have tried. I find myself actually using it, although for an email, I know I will revert to the physical keyboard as I can type much quicker.

Posted via CB10
    OTCHRussell likes this.
    11-07-15 11:59 PM
34 12