So I walk into the local ATT store. I find the Priv on display......completely dead. I borrow the cord from the Classic right next to it, let it charge for 5 minutes so at least I can turn it on. Spent about 15 minutes playing with it, didn't have a single worker come and talk to me. Hopefully everyone else's store experience turned out better.

Spreading the love with my Z10
    11-06-15 05:52 PM
    Seems that it is differing every store. Some have had great experiences.
    11-06-15 05:55 PM
    Typical! Why are you surprised? BlackBerry themselves have no interest. There should be an attendant from BlackBerry at ALL stores where the device is launched, again BlackBerry hasn't got a clue.

Posted via CB10
    mulderlr likes this.
    11-06-15 05:56 PM
    My experience was better, but then again, every time I have gone to my local at&t corporate store someone has known something about the devices.

The unit I saw (while the CSR headed to the back to grab mine) was charged, but not configured beyond the wi-fi settings. Let's just say, I helped it along a bit. 👿

I was pleased (but maybe more amused) that the CSR attempted to educate me about the device. When he struggled to insert the SIM, I let him do so, thinking it would be better if he broke a pin.

Posted via CB10
    csf1711 likes this.
    11-06-15 07:44 PM
    I will be stopping by my AT&T store on Monday. Curious to see what happens. Last time I was there, maybe 2 months ago, they said they don't carry BlackBerry phones in the store. Only online.

When I got my Q10, at launch, I was lucky to get a salesman who was using a BlackBerry. How times changed.

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>Z30>
    11-06-15 09:32 PM
    Many others had pretty great experiences... some guy apparently couldn't get his phone back from the Rep Lol

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 12:21 AM
    My experience was great. The worker there didn't say anything bad about the phone. The guy who helped me said all the employees were playing around with it when they got it. They like the phone and one of them might even get it.
    11-07-15 12:23 AM
    My experience could not have been better at my wireless carrier store. The sales representative could not have been more enthusiastic and helpful. I wish I had setup my Google account beforehand so I could have shown-off this smartphone.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    11-07-15 04:36 AM
    Typical! Why are you surprised? BlackBerry themselves have no interest. There should be an attendant from BlackBerry at ALL stores where the device is launched, again BlackBerry hasn't got a clue.

Posted via CB10
    Wouldn't that be a lot of people needed?
    11-07-15 07:08 AM
    Steve Jobs was always against selling his iPhone in retail stores. He said nobody is better than a salesman trained by the company for the company. Because salesman are always going to be biased. It's why you go to best buy stores and apple has their own section with their own salesman.

BlackBerry most likely doesn't have the revenue to do this so they will have to hang on until then. Hopefully the priv is a success.

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB and 00stryder like this.
    11-07-15 08:42 AM
    Stopped in at Costco they had a dummy display phone. Not out I had to say you don't have the new BlackBerry and they had it in a drawer. They guy actually to me it had Killer specs. Then said they are not getting it but could order one. Here we go again.......

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 09:12 AM
    Wouldn't that be a lot of people needed?
    Yes it would but a solution would be a rolling caravan. It's not difficult money well spent.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 09:41 AM
    There should be an attendant from BlackBerry at ALL stores where the device is launched, again BlackBerry hasn't got a clue.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly how many employees would BlackBerry need to actually accomplish this?

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 09:49 AM

Posted via CB10
    Around 1200 I would think in rotation. It's not going to be for prolonged periods.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 09:51 AM

Posted via CB10
    Millions and Millions making millions and millions!!

I am sure a lot of reps thats for sure
    11-07-15 09:51 AM
    Around 1200 I would think in rotation. It's not going to be for prolonged periods.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think they have the manpower nor money to train that many people let alone rotate them through all those stores after. Good thought but I don't believe they could pull it off.
    11-07-15 10:02 AM
    My local AT&T visit was actually very positive. They said the Priv was sold out but I didn't ask how many units they started out with but the reps were definitely way more open to the idea of an android/blackberry. I saw the Classic next to it and did mention that I'm more of a traditional BlackBerry user, that's when the rep got a little quiet. I will go back and check them both out again as I didn't get much hands on time with either devices.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 10:10 AM
    I will be stopping by my AT&T store on Monday. Curious to see what happens. Last time I was there, maybe 2 months ago, they said they don't carry BlackBerry phones in the store. Only online.

When I got my Q10, at launch, I was lucky to get a salesman who was using a BlackBerry. How times changed.

OH, I've heard that too. I looked around , and this was the time I was having problems with AT&T Uverse, I saw No BlackBerry devices at all. Such a shame.
    11-07-15 10:39 AM
    The AT&T store near where I used to live had a very knowledgeable sales-person. This guy genuinely seemed interested in tech in general, and had no biases. Just before the Passport was due to be released, I lost my SIM card, and had to drop by to get a new one. He and I had a nice talk over my Q10 and then he started excitedly talking about the potential of the Passport. They got a few Passports in and he was happy to demonstrate all the cool features of the keyboard. You could tell that he'd educated himself about the phone. There wasn't any pressure to 'try something else' - it was just a feeling of 'let me tell you what's great about the device you're looking at'.

Salespeople like that are rare! I did leave a good review about that store.

I wish I still lived in that town. I'd go over and see if they have the Priv. It would be fun to chat with that guy about it, if he's still there.
    calicocat2010 likes this.
    11-07-15 10:46 AM
    I don't think they have the manpower nor money to train that many people let alone rotate them through all those stores after. Good thought but I don't believe they could pull it off.
    Yeah that was my point. Wouldn't be a viable option, from a business standpoint.

But I hope the Priv is a smashing success!

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB likes this.
    11-07-15 01:27 PM
    I got the first Priv available from the store I went to and I couldn't get the Priv from the salesmans hands. He was more excited to see it than I was. Showing my phone off to all the employees. Kind of got worried he was gonna drop it. Lol.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-07-15 01:28 PM
    Just got back from my ATT store, and they had a fully charged functional one on display. That and the Classic. No Passport though.

The rep said there was a lot of interest in it, though not many sales yet. I really just wanted to see if for myself (I won't be getting this right now as I have a Note 4). It really is a sharp looking device, and I loved the look of it. However, I don't think I could type on the pkb anymore, it did feel kind of cramped, and with it open was quite tall for my small hands.
    If I didn't already have the phone I do, I probably would have gotten it and just not used the pkb. It seemed to work quite well with the time I played around with it.
    11-07-15 02:02 PM
    Just got back from my ATT store, and they had a fully charged functional one on display. That and the Classic. No Passport though.

The rep said there was a lot of interest in it, though not many sales yet. I really just wanted to see if for myself (I won't be getting this right now as I have a Note 4). It really is a sharp looking device, and I loved the look of it. However, I don't think I could type on the pkb anymore, it did feel kind of cramped, and with it open was quite tall for my small hands.
    If I didn't already have the phone I do, I probably would have gotten it and just not used the pkb. It seemed to work quite well with the time I played around with it.
    Was the keyboard narrower than the Q10? I know it's narrower than the classic.

11-07-15 02:05 PM
    Was the keyboard narrower than the Q10? I know it's narrower than the classic.

Yeah to me it did feel narrower than the Q10
    OTCHRussell likes this.
    11-07-15 02:07 PM
    So I went into the local AT&T Retail store of all places..and they had a huge display of the Priv. They said they are waiting for their devices to get in so they can start selling. The staff themselves were very excited about it. I was shocked mostly because it wasn't a corporate store.
    11-07-15 02:27 PM
34 12