Ok folks, I'm sitting out from of a ATT building ready to go in and buy the Blackberry Torch, However, I'm looking online at the ATT website and I'm noticing they don't seem to offer a unlimited data plan, I see a 200mb and a 2gig option, however, i know I use more than 2 gig a month. This is a huge problem for me. Do I have any options to get this phone through anyone else that offers a unlimited plan?

I refused to get this phone through a company that pinches money out of us by the megabyte.

Lets hear some options folks!
    Last edited by Wargears; 09-08-10 at 02:48 PM.
    09-08-10 02:45 PM
    no more unlimited plans, your 2 gig prolly will be cut in half when you tap into wifi that your 8330 didnt have
    09-08-10 02:50 PM
    If you didn't have unlimited by October on a ATT BB then you can never have it.
    09-08-10 02:52 PM
    So in other words, ATT has decided to run off people like myself. I guess its home I go. Any chance that other carries will get this phone or a similar model?
    09-08-10 02:55 PM
    T-Mobile has 10Gig limit and Sprint is unlimited.

ATT and VZW both have 2 Gig limits

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    So in other words, ATT has decided to run off people like myself. I guess its home I go. Any chance that other carries will get this phone or a similar model?
    not anytime soon.

Ok fellas, thanks for the reply. I guess I'm on my way home to nurse my broken heart.

Cheers
    09-08-10 03:00 PM
    Ok fellas, thanks for the reply. I guess I'm on my way home to nurse my broken heart.

Cheers
    where are you basing your data consumption?
    i meant what phone are you using?
    here's the deal.. blackberry use less data..
    my iphone data plan is in 1G - 1.3G/month..
    when i switched.. my Blackberry Bold 9000 was somewhere in 0.6- 0.7G only.

and even if you go over the 2G limit.. you'll only pay $10/G above that..

so here's the math
    i pay $30 for unlimited data..
    you'll pay $25 for 2G but if you go over it's gonna be $35..

if i was in your shoes i'll still get the Torch
    09-08-10 03:06 PM
    T-Mobile has 10Gig limit and Sprint is unlimited.

ATT and VZW both have 2 Gig limits

Verizon does NOT have a limit at this time, although it is likely that they will when the 4G network goes it place.

Also to the OP, are you SURE that you go over 2GBs a month? What are you doing on your device, do you stream video or music all day? Or do you tether? I find it tough to crack 1.5GB's a month and I thought I was a heavy user and I DO stream music and video a bit, although NOT contantly and I DO have wifi.
    09-08-10 03:28 PM
    Verizon does NOT have a limit at this time, although it is likely that they will when the 4G network goes it place.

Also to the OP, are you SURE that you go over 2GBs a month? What are you doing on your device, do you stream video or music all day? Or do you tether? I find it tough to crack 1.5GB's a month and I thought I was a heavy user and I DO stream music and video a bit, although NOT contantly and I DO have wifi.

Hold on, hold on......did I just read that correctly? Wifi counts against your 2 gig limit? Wifi as in my home router? That can't be right........
    09-08-10 03:36 PM
    Hold on, hold on......did I just read that correctly? Wifi counts against your 2 gig limit? Wifi as in my home router? That can't be right........
    Wifi does NOT count, I'm saying wifi MIGHT be helping me keep my total down. I'm surprised that the OP could be using so much data, BUT his BB does NOT have wifi so that may explain. My BB does have wifi.
    09-08-10 03:38 PM
    Wifi does NOT count, I'm saying wifi MIGHT be helping me keep my total down. I'm surprised that the OP could be using so much data, BUT his BB does NOT have wifi so that may explain. My BB does have wifi.
    Ok, thanks, Bro. I saw the "cuts your 2 gig in half" and thought he meant wifi was using more data. Almost had a blackout there for a second considering I told my son to make sure his Torch was on wifi when he's at home.
    He's always on Youtube and stuff.

Deep breath.........recovering.....
    09-08-10 03:41 PM

i Stand corrected, i could of swore when i was pricing Big Red they had a limit on their data usage. That was one of the reason i opted to not go to them.

09-08-10 04:03 PM
    There at two ways to use Wifi with a BlackBerry.

If you select Hotspot Browser, you have direct IP connection to the Internet, bypassing the carriers data counters.

The other way is to allow Wifi to access BIS/BES. In that case, the data counter may still be active.

My carrier, Rogers, counts everything, including Wifi access. The only way to know for sure to to examine your detailed billing.
    09-08-10 04:04 PM
    I download movies to my phone when I go to bed at night, I stream the nfl football games, I stream mobitv and music. I'm on my phones 16 hours a day.

So with att its only $10.00 extra charge no matter how far you go over the 2gig?

If that works like that, can a person just get the 200mb package knowing your gonna go over but only have to pay an extra 10 bucks or is it a whole new list of pricing for going over on the 200mb package?

09-08-10 04:19 PM
    I download movies to my phone when I go to bed at night, I stream the nfl football games, I stream mobitv and music. I'm on my phones 16 hours a day.

So with att its only $10.00 extra charge no matter how far you go over the 2gig?

If that works like that, can a person just get the 200mb package knowing your gonna go over but only have to pay an extra 10 bucks or is it a whole new list of pricing for going over on the 200mb package?

IIRC it's 10 bucks per gigabyte over the 2G limit.

09-08-10 04:22 PM

$10/ per gig.
    09-08-10 04:23 PM

Ok you DO sound like a data hog! Ok with wifi you might be ok, do you have wifi at home? You are going to need wifi for sure, and you will need the 2GB package and it's 10 bucks for each GB that you go over, BUT if you use wifi, you should be able to keep it at the 2GBs and occasional going over.
    09-08-10 05:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD