Just thought I would share with you guys....

I just got off the phone with a good friend who is in upper management with ATT. He said that the Bold definitely will not be coming out before, or anytime around the release of the 3g iPhone. Not only that, but they haven't even heard about a tentative release date and that all he knows is it "may be released sometime this summer." Argh.

Also, I asked him about the rumours circulating that ATT is pushing to move their inventory of Curves to make room for the Bold. He said this is not so whatsoever. They don't plan on getting the Bold in the near future, and that ATT has always pushed Blackberries. So nothing special is going on.

Sigh...
    06-17-08 01:13 PM
    Well that sucks.
    06-17-08 01:18 PM
    Thanks for the update. I guess i am just going to have ot get the 3G iPhone then.

HA! Yea right. *patiently waiting on the BOLD*
    Jenay! You just CRUSHED my hopes and dreams!!! I pray to the Blackberry Gods that u are wrong!
    Thanks for the update. I guess i am just going to have ot get the 3G iPhone then.

HA! Yea right. *patiently waiting on the BOLD*
    Hehe... I was about to be like SMACK!!

Sorry to crush everyone's dreams...... I know. This sucks. I blame my friend for the info.
    06-17-08 01:19 PM
    Oh Jenay... that makes me SOOO sad
    06-17-08 01:20 PM
    And you may be correct jenaywins... But also ask him if he heard about the whole iphone thing before it actually came out of steve jobs' mouth?? His answer will be no..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-08 01:22 PM
    And you may be correct jenaywins... But also ask him if he heard about the whole iphone thing before it actually came out of steve jobs' mouth?? His answer will be no..

Ehh. I have no idea........... I'm just passing on the information he gave me.. He usually keeps me pretty up to date, even though I'm not even with ATT, so I generally don't care..
    06-17-08 01:24 PM
    Well, I don't believe that to be honest, I still think it's coming out soon. So I'll keep hoping.
    06-17-08 01:31 PM
    Jenay, your friend wouldn't be telling you a " Bold" face lie now? Would he!!!?
    He he heh

06-17-08 01:46 PM
    Oh well. The iPhone may get a little boost from this.

06-17-08 01:46 PM
    Jenay, your friend wouldn't be telling you a " Bold" face lie now? Would he!!!?
    He he heh

For his sake, he better hope not. I know where he lives.
    06-17-08 01:48 PM
    @jenaywins... I'm not trying to be a ***** or anything, you should know that. All I'm saying is I have a friend who's a manager at a att store and he knew NOTHING about the iphone until jobs announced it!! HOPEFULLY this is going to be the case with the Bold as well... But maybe not. Thanks and hope you didn't think I was being a *****

06-17-08 01:50 PM
    Thats it I'm done I can't go on. I htink I am going to have to end. I can't take it. Just like a woman to crush all hope and dreams. Goodbye cruel world. Oh the drama! Oh well I guess I have some time to kill now.
    06-17-08 01:52 PM
    @jenaywins... I'm not trying to be a ***** or anything, you should know that. All I'm saying is I have a friend who's a manager at a att store and he knew NOTHING about the iphone until jobs announced it!! HOPEFULLY this is going to be the case with the Bold as well... But maybe not. Thanks and hope you didn't think I was being a *****

Upper management usually doesn't work in a store!
    06-17-08 01:54 PM

Haha... I'm not sure what all the stars mean, but I assume it's the equivelant to a meanie. Never that..... I don't think that at all.

That being said, I know that Bryce (my friend) isn't the end-all source for information about the Bold at all whatsoever. For all he knows, the Bold could be coming out tomorrow. BUT a lot of people have been talking about how ATT is clearing out their inventory of Curves to make way for the Bold, indicating an earlier release date. He said this is definitely not the case, and this is something he would indeed know about. He said that ATT is not pushing the Curve any harder than they normally do, and that they are not making room for a new BB device anytime soon.
    06-17-08 01:56 PM
    CrackBlack's comment was hilarious. Well played, well played. As far as the Bold goes, I still think it will be out in June. We shall see eh?
    06-17-08 02:04 PM
    When it comes to bold I've come to realize anticipation only causes pain. I'm just gonna carry on until I hear something official. No more following the rumors or trying to estimate when its coming out. My curve serves me well. As for the iphone....aka the y-phone.....as. In why the **** would I buy that...well that's my opinion

06-17-08 02:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD