Has anyone else encountered these responses from Best Buy, Staples, or ATT this week...
    It's been an interesting week with regards to buying another Playbook and looking for a new phone. My wife and I are due for upgrades through ATT, we both have 9700's right now and love them. We want to wait for a BBX device, but who knows when that will be...Q1 -Q3? Anyway, when those are released I will be the first one on line to buy one, I love my Playbook and can only imagine the possibilities of the handset. So we go down to ATT to play with a 9900 and 9860. Of course there is no 9860 on display. The ATT rep informs me its online only, and that touchscreen BlackBerry's don't sell. This is just the icing on the cake. I asked the rep if ATT was trying to drive me away...I had to bypass them with the bridge issue, they decided to start charging yahoo messenger messages as text messages for 10 cents a piece, and now they don't have one of the newest models on display...if it wasn't for my 25% corporate discount I would have jumped ship along time ago...

On to BestBuy (which does not carry the 9900 or 9860...or a 9930 for verizon)...(US)...I attempted to pick up another 64gb PB for the low price of 229...of course they sold out, backordered, etc...my father goes into the store down in Boca Raton and they tell him its been discontinued? Are you kidding me? RIM needs to get on this and counteract this and spend some $$ on advertising, vendor education...anything...but wait...it gets better...

Before this when the PB was still regular price, my father goes online and orders a 64gb PB at Staples online around the end of August...he places the order...and waits and waits...no tracking, no shipping info etc...a week goes by, he logs on and looks up the order..."ORDER CANCELLED - ITEM IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE" not even a backorder message, which there wouldn't be because it was still $699...

This is madness....BlackBerry is still a great product, the best in my opinion especially for what I need it for (even though I understand all my friends with iPhones that have them for work, etc) COME ON RIM....Let's get it together....fighting the anti-BB media spin with the likes of Kim Komando is one thing, but at least get the vendors to get their acts together...maybe its time RIM sells direct and knockout the middle men! If i only had a BB lifestyle store near me...

Come on RIM...I'm still a stockholder and have faith...but you guys need to do your part and stand up for your own products!
    11-21-11 11:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD