I think that I have read everythread regarding this topic, but none of them have any information that relates to OS 5. For instance the instructions tell you to go to advanced, but profiles on OS doesn't have advanced option. I am going to my contact and choosing the ringtone and the sms alert, and saving the change. When I receive a text from that contact it isn't using the tone I chose. Is anyone having this problem? Am I missing something? TIA ~ Laurie
    02-23-10 04:59 PM
    Wow, I can't believe that nobody is having this issue. If that's the case, does anyone know if there is an app that can do what I'm asking?
    TIA ~ Laurie
    02-24-10 12:13 PM
    Depends on what OS5 version you're on. For the Storm, in OS5.0.0.419, you can assign specific tones for Phone and Messages for contacts by editing the contact in your Address Book. (There are sections in there to customize the tones for those functions.) Also, this release also has the ability to Advance Edit the Sound Profiles... earlier versions of OS5 DID NOT have this function, so it's possible whatever version you have from T-Mobile doesn't support this yet.
    02-24-10 12:18 PM
    I think that I have read everythread regarding this topic, but none of them have any information that relates to OS 5. For instance the instructions tell you to go to advanced, but profiles on OS doesn't have advanced option. I am going to my contact and choosing the ringtone and the sms alert, and saving the change. When I receive a text from that contact it isn't using the tone I chose. Is anyone having this problem? Am I missing something? TIA ~ Laurie
    5.0 allows you to specify a ringtone for a caller and a separate ringtone for emails but not separate ringtones for SMS alerts from different individuals. Or at least not in my experience.
    02-24-10 01:24 PM
    Depends on what OS5 version you're on. For the Storm, in OS5.0.0.419, you can assign specific tones for Phone and Messages for contacts by editing the contact in your Address Book. (There are sections in there to customize the tones for those functions.) Also, this release also has the ability to Advance Edit the Sound Profiles... earlier versions of OS5 DID NOT have this function, so it's possible whatever version you have from T-Mobile doesn't support this yet.
    Thank you so much for replying. I am running V5.0.0.461. Maybe I should check for other versions. It is giving me the option to choose a specific tone for Phone and Messages in my contacts, its just not working. Thank you again for your response.
    02-24-10 02:17 PM
    5.0 allows you to specify a ringtone for a caller and a separate ringtone for emails but not separate ringtones for SMS alerts from different individuals. Or at least not in my experience.
    I noticed that you are using a different OS 5 than me, but that is probably because you also have a different model. I am going to have to do some more searching tonight for OS 5's. T-Mobile never officially came out with one for the 8900. I just grabbed one from the threads. Thanks for your response.
    02-24-10 02:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD