Any of you see the Article written by Roger Cheng on CNET? He mentions the playbook is not worth your money. I would like to see anywhere else that you can get the hardware features in the playbook for that low of a cost.....I think this guy needs to grab a clue, but each person is entitled to an opinion. He has always been a blackberry hater.

Sorry, PlayBook 2.0 still isn't worth your money | Mobile - CNET News
    02-22-12 10:26 AM
    Roger Cheng is a knucklehead, if the PlayBook does everything the other tablets do (in his opinion), then why is the PlayBook not worth the money. Obviously he's being paid off
    02-22-12 10:33 AM
    Articles like that are just one person's opinion. Take that and a dime and see if you can get a cup of coffee.
    02-22-12 10:40 AM
    people read cnet for reviews on anything that's not apple?
    02-22-12 10:48 AM
    There is just no pleasing the U.S. tech journalists. If it's not Apple or Amazon, it isn't worth anyone's' time in the U.S. I watched the Tech News Today podcast last night and Tom Merritt who is a Playbook owner had nothing good to say about it either.

How about:

- Best bang for the buck price / spec. Beats the pants off a Fire
    - Is available outside of U.S. (Fire is not)
    - Initial release of Blackberry Fusion server was also released so that Playbooks can be controlled in a corporate environment

He did mention the O/S improvements, and the Android player

*Edit*

Here is a decent more balance review. Forget Roger "Knucklehead" Cheng!

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/perlow/bla...20-dj-vu/19919
    Last edited by FreeJACLive; 02-22-12 at 11:10 AM.
    02-22-12 10:57 AM
    Tech writers like this probably aren't very smart and that's why they do what they do...

This guy sounds like he just consumes content and has only a flicker of creativity.

The playbook is a 'tool' it really has everything a person needs...great browser, email, calendar, contacts, excellent remote control for presentations, excellent cameras and video, super easy to use, great QNX UI, great sound and recording...it goes on

Most of these tech writers lack creativity...that's the fundamental issue
    02-22-12 12:11 PM
    his one of those tech writers that only sees the negative things of RIM. doesn't even knows how to compare products.
    02-22-12 12:41 PM
    This is an incredibly bad article. Not to mention the incredible multitasking abilities of the PlayBook that blow the iPad out of the water for ever, is inexcusable.
    JR A likes this.
    02-22-12 12:44 PM
    u do realize...ur all giving this eediot hits on his article
    02-22-12 12:50 PM
    The multi-tasking alone sets this tablet apart from the competition

It's so easy to see what's running, to switch between applications, and to close applications...this is done every day a hundred times and it's the best on the playbook

The guy writing this article definitely sees tablet worth only from the app perspective.
    ...like saying a movie is good only if it makes $100 million
    JR A likes this.
    02-22-12 12:55 PM
    I used to read CNET reviews until I noticed most of their tablets/smartphones reviews are iSided....
    JR A likes this.
    02-22-12 01:18 PM
    Any of you see the Article written by Roger Cheng on CNET? He mentions the playbook is not worth your money. I would like to see anywhere else that you can get the hardware features in the playbook for that low of a cost.....I think this guy needs to grab a clue, but each person is entitled to an opinion. He has always been a blackberry hater.

Sorry, PlayBook 2.0 still isn't worth your money | Mobile - CNET News
    Nope. Not giving him a hit.

Does it device work as I want it to? Yes? Others' opinions are irrelevant. I left high school a loooooooong time ago.
    JR A, bluetroll and Thunderbuck like this.
    02-22-12 01:23 PM
    Nope. Not giving him a hit.

Does it device work as I want it to? Yes? Others' opinions are irrelevant. I left high school a loooooooong time ago.
    BOOOO-YAHHH!

That's what I'm talking bout!

Preach sista, preach!

Thunderbuck likes this.
    02-22-12 01:24 PM
    PLEASE !
    Boys & girls, do not reproduce or even write down hostile http links in the forum.
    Use copy/paste, Quote, whatever.
    I know it's a little more work, but don't make these guys any promo !!!

This article is ... well, you know what.
    02-22-12 01:29 PM
    What a dunce. That was one of the stupidest articles I've ever read. I seriously want my 5 minutes back. For those who don't want to waste time, I'll summarize:

1. an incomplete list of 2.0 features-no mention of bridge remote, snappier UI, predictive text, or social integration
    2. comparison with Kindle Fire; says Fire is superior even though PB is technically better
    3. mentions iPad3 many times; predicts it will be best thing since iSlicedBread

move along folks, nothing to see here...
    02-22-12 02:32 PM
    It should be noted that Mr. Cheng's opinion is shared among a great many people. Just because your not one of them hardly calls for insult.

Some of you guys are just infantile.
    02-22-12 02:43 PM
    It should be noted that Mr. Cheng's opinion is shared among a great many people. Just because your not one of them hardly calls for insult.

Sure we are...but I think I would rather be infantile than ignorant like Mr. Cheng.
    02-22-12 02:47 PM

the opinion that its not worthy to buy because it's not a good tablet with OS2, although it does what other tablets do? but yet it does a lil more on the hardware side, and has better quality components? and he's not the infantile one?

chill out
    jamesbondOO7 likes this.
    02-22-12 03:02 PM

I'm ok with Mr. Cheng having an opinion but this guy works for a popular techsite and owes it to people to at least be fair in his presentation of the facts. His article left out some of PlayBook 2.0's new beneficial features as I mentioned in my prior post. For an every day joe schmoe in a tech forum it's okay to do but for a professional writer like Cheng it should be unacceptable. Besides, to claim that the Kindle Fire is a better buy at $199 than a PlayBook running 2.0 is on the verge of absurd.
    jamesbondOO7 and FreeJACLive like this.
    02-22-12 03:22 PM
    I'm ok with Mr. Cheng having an opinion but this guy works for a popular techsite and owes it to people to at least be fair in his presentation of the facts. His article left out some of PlayBook 2.0's new beneficial features as I mentioned in my prior post. For an every day joe schmoe in a tech forum it's okay to do but for a professional writer like Cheng it should be unacceptable. Besides, to claim that the Kindle Fire is a better buy at $199 than a PlayBook running 2.0 is on the verge of absurd.
    exactly. PB has double the specs and does 10x more things.

but buy the LESSER of the two because it is better...
    02-23-12 12:30 AM
    Roger Cheng is a complete hack and has nothing good to say about anything RIM. He should be dismissed as a tech reporter.
    02-23-12 12:48 AM
    Not worth my money. Everything RIM puts out is highly addictive. This remote feature is killing me/my time. LOVE it!
    02-23-12 02:54 AM

Yes it is a view shared by a "Great Many People" but not "Many Great People" :P
    Lead_Express likes this.
    02-23-12 07:41 AM
    CNET has a ton of Apple lovers working there. They have a show called the Apple Byte. I didn't notice a Berry Byte show on there...

It is what it is. I don't take any BB review from there seriously. They'll always have the latest iPhone as number 1 on their list of "Top 5 Smartphones."
    02-23-12 08:20 AM
    I think it is prerequisite that you have to own and use Apple products to be employed by Cnet...... That would explain why there is always a reference to iproducts in every review they do!!!!!
    02-23-12 03:10 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD