Well.. not too flattering but a push for BlackBerry as an ongoing contender in the market

Desperate to be contrary? Buy a BlackBerry
    If you really must be contrary, and won�t buy an actual Android phone or an iPhone � which are the most sensible options*� then ignore Windows 10 and throw BlackBerry a bone. It�ll be a whole lot more grateful than Microsoft.*Yes, seriously.

We warned you not to buy a BlackBerry a couple years ago, but even that limping dark horse would be a better bet than a Windows Phone. Microsoft doesn�t seem to care about smartphones much anymore, but BlackBerry*listened to critics and made a phone that people may actually want to own. Yes, it has taken years to learn from its mistakes, and it has saddled the resulting product with a stupid name, but the Priv runs Android, can access the Google Play Store, has a slide-out keyboard, and bundles in lots of added security to keep the BlackBerry brand alive.

It�s an unknown quantity at the moment, but it�ll have more than enough popular apps available to download when you buy it, and the slide-out keyboard does make it almost unique. Sure, it may be awful, but you�re the one wanting to live life on the edge and not buy a sensible smartphone.

Read more: Why You Should Not Buy a Lumia, or Windows Phone | Digital Trends
    smart548 likes this.
    11-02-15 07:55 AM
    Could we have the making of a new slogan for BlackBerry?

"At least it's not a Window's Phone!"
    TGR1, DrBoomBotz, molson0 and 5 others like this.
    11-02-15 08:22 AM
    I'm actually impressed with windows phones. The hardware seems up to par. I was able to test an evaluation unit with 3d cad software with no signs of lag on any of my projects. This with half of the screen running a pdf file as well. I don't know of any other phone that can do that.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 08:29 AM
    Windows Phone and BB10 are such different experiences, it is hard to compare. I have worked on CE/Windows Mobile. I'll stick to BB10 thanks.
    11-02-15 10:36 AM
    Could we have the making of a new slogan for BlackBerry?

"At least it's not a Window's Phone!"
    A bit reminiscent of Snapple's "We're Number 3!" campaign.
    MikeX74 and pkcable like this.
    11-02-15 10:44 AM
    Windows Phone and BB10 are such different experiences, it is hard to compare. I have worked on CE/Windows Mobile. I'll stick to BB10 thanks.
    CE/Windows Mobile are not at all representative of what a Windows Phone is today. Not fair to hold them up for comparison.
    11-02-15 10:46 AM
    The missus has a Windows Phone and as much as I thought I would like it, once I started using it, I really, really don't like it. It would be the last platform I'd suggest people buying and with the Android emulation on BB10, I'd choose BB10 over Windows Phone any day for third party apps even if the Android emulation isn't ideal.

Maybe it will get better with Windows Phone 10 but I'm not optimistic. If MS was only a mobile platform manufacturer, I think they would have gone out of business years ago as they just don't seem to care about the platform much and just want to keep at least some presence in the market as 'just in case' scenario. Lucky for them they have enough money they can do so.

It's a shame though as I think having more players in the market is a plus as choice is good thing. If you really don't like Android and you don't like Apple, where do you go in a two platform market? So in that respect, I hope they improve and achieve more success.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-02-15 10:49 AM
    I love Windows on my tablet. I did not like it on my phone when I had the Lumia 822, BUT that was a version or two ago. I have not tried Win10 on a phone, but I like it on my HP tablet/laptop.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-02-15 11:44 AM
    If you don't want an iPhone or an Android, why would I buy an Android made by BlackBerry? How would that be different? You're still buying an Android. I don't understand this article. Windows 10 development is very promising in my opinion. Much more so then it's predecessors. They are just making excuses. The same excuses that kept people from giving BB10 a shot.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    eldricho, TopFit and skstrials like this.
    11-02-15 12:27 PM
    If you really must be contrary, and won�t buy an actual Android phone or an iPhone � which are the most sensible options*� then ignore Windows 10 and throw BlackBerry a bone.
    That article...
    "If you don't want to buy an actual Android phone then buy the BlackBerry Priv which runs Android"
    ... how does that make sense?

I'm not saying anything about the idea to buy (any) BlackBerry phone of course, but the article kind of contradicts itself, especially since it puts so much emphasis on the Priv.

And one word to Windows 10 phone. I think Microsoft is definitely not to be forgotten. Their current lineup of Surface tablets is fantastic and in my opinion one of the greatest innovations in a long time. The idea of going with a centralized model, distributable over a competitive set of devices is good. Microsoft has been going there for a while but with Windows 10, it's the first time this concept has actually been brought to the consumer. Capable office and especially outlook clients are not to be neglected, especially as you can switch between phone, tablet, desktop and even gaming console easily, while the tablet even serves both as a desktop and as a tablet.
    And don't forget, they've only just begun with this setup. If they'll bring up a surface phone next year I'll definitely consider this.

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB likes this.
    11-02-15 03:43 PM
    I'd buy a Lumia over the Priv. That phone just doesn't cut it for me.
    11-02-15 04:50 PM
    Not many people buy Windows Phones to begin with and the few who do aren't interested in it for the OS but the price which Blackberry is horrible in.

It’ll be a whole lot more grateful than Microsoft.*
    What? How? And in what way?
    southlander likes this.
    11-02-15 05:36 PM
    I am good with Windows on my laptop and I support Bill Gates for his altruistic endeavors.

Posted via Classic
    TgeekB likes this.
    11-02-15 05:42 PM
    If BB10 is knocking on deaths door, WP is DNR. I don't see how a company such as MS would continue to throw good money into WP without pissing off shareholders. Let's face it, both are betamax and VHS is taking over. Good for BlackBerry to try Android. If it works, Android will take over and BB10 will eventually be phased out when their bank and government clients move to Android...or iOS. If Priv tanks, then BlackBerry hardware is dead. I'm okay with that since BlackBerry won't abandon their corporate BB10 clients for at least a few years. After all, BES and Good Technology clients likely accounts for a large segment of the market. Why **** them off?

MS will suffer the same fate with their phones. In the end, it's just a phone. Life goes on, and we will learn to deal with the quirks and advantages of Android as we deal with BB10 quirks and advantages.

RedBerry Passport /10.3.2.2639 / Telus
    11-02-15 07:28 PM
    "If you buy a Windows Phones you might as well buy a microphone..." - John Chen

 Priv New (Chendroid) World...? :-| 
    11-02-15 08:24 PM
    I'm impressed with Windows on Surface 3.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    11-02-15 08:28 PM
    If BB10 is knocking on deaths door, WP is DNR. I don't see how a company such as MS would continue to throw good money into WP without pissing off shareholders. Let's face it, both are betamax and VHS is taking over. Good for BlackBerry to try Android. If it works, Android will take over and BB10 will eventually be phased out when their bank and government clients move to Android...or iOS. If Priv tanks, then BlackBerry hardware is dead. I'm okay with that since BlackBerry won't abandon their corporate BB10 clients for at least a few years. After all, BES and Good Technology clients likely accounts for a large segment of the market. Why **** them off?

MS will suffer the same fate with their phones. In the end, it's just a phone. Life goes on, and we will learn to deal with the quirks and advantages of Android as we deal with BB10 quirks and advantages.

RedBerry Passport /10.3.2.2639 / Telus
    The difference between Blackberry and Microsoft is one is whoring for marketshare and one doesn't care about it. Microsoft has enough money elsewhere to not lean on the phone market but as others have stated earlier, they are pushing for a consistent platform that Windows 10 made a reality.

As to your last sentence, you are absolutely correct. It is a phone and life will still go on, and there will still be people who wants true choice, so Android and iOS will never be the only players in the game. If that ever happens, I'll probably go flip phone on em..lol
    11-02-15 09:15 PM
    BB 10 Priv ! That is what I want!!! Come on Chen!!!

  
    11-02-15 09:30 PM
    Translation "If you don't want Apple or Android, there's something wrong with you. Obviously you can't be making your own decisions in an informed manner. Here is how you can be different but still only choose from the two options I deem acceptable."

No thanks. I like the BB10 flavor.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 10:34 PM
    "If you buy a Windows Phones you might as well buy a microphone..." - John Chen

'But it runs the Microsoft!' - John Chen

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Prem WatsApp likes this.
    11-02-15 10:53 PM
    If BB10 is knocking on deaths door, WP is DNR. I don't see how a company such as MS would continue to throw good money into WP without pissing off shareholders.
    What? I am an investor and I wholeheartedly disagree. The day Microsoft drops Windows Phone I would expect share price to plummet drastically (>10%).

Dropping Windows Phone indicates an absence of a mobile strategy and ceding OS influence to Android, which is already exerting more pressure on (desktop) Windows than many are comfortable with.

Microsoft has like infinite money. For a small, struggling company like BBRY with limited resources, I would tell them to cut unprofitable expenditures like BB10. For Microsoft, they better dump billions into the money pit that dictates the future of the company in 20 years.

(BBRY actually needs to think about its future as well. It's just that its present state is so dire it needs to concentrate on that or it won't have to worry about 20 years.)
    SunshineStateFlyer and JeepBB like this.
    11-02-15 10:53 PM
    What? I am an investor and I wholeheartedly disagree. The day Microsoft drops Windows Phone I would expect share price to plummet drastically (>10%).

Dropping Windows Phone indicates an absence of a mobile strategy and ceding OS influence to Android, which is already exerting more pressure on (desktop) Windows than many are comfortable with.

Microsoft has like infinite money. For a small, struggling company like BBRY with limited resources, I would tell them to cut unprofitable expenditures like BB10. For Microsoft, they better dump billions into the money pit that dictates the future of the company in 20 years.

(BBRY actually needs to think about its future as well. It's just that its present state is so dire it needs to concentrate on that or it won't have to worry about 20 years.)
    Agreed.

I definitely do NOT want to use a Chromebook in ten years time when Microsoft has booted themselves into irrelevance due to a lacking mobile strategy and the weight and presence of everything Google....

:-D

11-02-15 11:09 PM
    CE/Windows Mobile are not at all representative of what a Windows Phone is today. Not fair to hold them up for comparison.
    Sorry I wasn't clear. From Windows CE up to recent ARM Snapdragon drivers. Unless things totally changed in the last year, I have an idea of what MS is doing.
    11-03-15 09:40 AM
    The article doesn't even mention BB10 and suggests buying the Priv just because it is different by having a keyboard.

The article would have been just as valid if the main idea was: "don't buy BB10, buy windows phone".
    11-03-15 09:47 AM
    I read that article just to see if the author could back up the provocative title with decent analysis. Nooope. Clickbait of the highest order, zero insight.

The article doesn't even mention BB10 and suggests buying the Priv just because it is different by having a keyboard.

The article would have been just as valid if the main idea was: "don't buy BB10, buy windows phone".
    In the article the author admits to writing "don't buy a BlackBerry for any reason" a few years ago, so basically, clickbait dbag troll author.
    11-03-15 09:52 AM
28 12