Suggested that it's the best phone they've ever used:

The BlackBerry Passport enigma: TCOB-machine or ?worst designed thing, ever? | Ars Technica

Via the BlackBerry subreddit. Apologies if repost.

Posted via CB10
    hpjrt, allengeorge and m3mb3rsh1p like this.
    11-23-14 06:06 PM
    Thanks for sharing. A pretty objective and in the end positive review.
    11-23-14 06:32 PM
    Amoled? Oooww.. okay..

Drooling for BlackBerry Passport!
    11-23-14 06:46 PM
    Good find. Haven't seen this one

From my mighty PassPort
    11-23-14 06:51 PM
    I found his overall attitude that the BB10 OS is subpar and that the Passport is under speced compared to IOS and Android flag ship phones quite amusing.
    He completely ignored some of the phones stongest features.

Posted via CB10
    MaxR_A likes this.
    11-23-14 07:16 PM
    Nice thanks for sharing

Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.3289
    11-23-14 07:18 PM
    I don't know where you get that it was the best phone that "they" ever used. Firstly it was one guys review and he glossed over many of the features of the phone and complained about quirks in BB10 and the consistent compromises he feels that the phone makes. I thought it was generally positive, but far from being a "the best phone he's ever used." He even states that he would have a hard time recommending it to anyone who wasn't a die hard Blackberry user.
    11-23-14 07:37 PM
    "When viewed in the right light, the Passport ends up looking pretty. It was unexpectedly the best smartphone we've ever used from the perspective of taking care of business."

My bad, I was at the rink and was just reposting it from the bb subreddit. Didn't have time to find the whole thing. It is misleading.
    11-23-14 11:50 PM
    Amoled? Oooww.. okay..

Drooling for BlackBerry Passport!
    I noticed that too. Pretty sure it's an IPS display.

Posted with X10 via CB10
    11-24-14 01:40 AM
    There were bits and pieces of the review that were lucid but a fair bit of it was sort of random jibberish. Not sure how you get the hardware wrong when that is printed on the spec sheets. Likewise, I thought the picture of the passport next to the iPhone was telling. The passport just jumps out at you where the iPhone looked like some sort of faded wall flower. Not ugly per se, just dated.

Finally, there is a sort of contrived repetitiveness with these reviews. Either these people have no original thoughts (a distinct possibility) or they are parroting material that has been given to them.

Posted via CB10
    mister2d likes this.
    11-24-14 04:00 AM
    The review could have been a lot "worse". It highlights a quite a few positive aspects of the Passport, without being too scathing on the negative side.

The reviewer should have given the keyboard a little more space..

If it's a "too good to be true" review, it will be written off as a fanboy piece regardless...

? ? ? Zzzzmoqin'.... ? ? ?
    11-24-14 05:37 AM
    Decent review by someone who obviously isn't into Blackberry's these days....
    11-24-14 05:55 AM
    Like most BlackBerry friendlier reviews as of late, it puts that one scathing paragraph that the rest of the article just can't recover from. He also admits he is not versed in BB10 and later complains the software is awkward. It only is in perhaps the area of android apps. So you need to know how to use BB10 apps and android apps. The bit about compromises for ios, well I am not sure I follow that statement.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 07:39 AM
    I like the language he uses in the article.

? Z10
    11-24-14 07:46 AM
    I thought it was a fair review. He's absolutely right: the app gap is a serious problem, the PassPort is a niche device, it will repel non-BlackBerry-faithful... He's also absolutely right that it is a well-executed device for its target demographic. What more can be said? I definitely didn't think it was jibberish or out of line.
    11-24-14 10:37 AM
    Not the best review, he ignored a lot of things...
    11-24-14 06:29 PM