Volkswagen has made the iPhone SE their standard issue smartphone, ditching BlackBerrys to "drive digitalization", calling iOS the "the best available smartphone ecosystem, with the simplest operation and the right solutions for our colleagues".

Another huge loss of an important corporate customer...

I'm not sure TCL has any significant B2B sales infrastructure, considering they've only been selling consumer-oriented Alcatel phones so far.. but I'm hoping they'll be working to actively promote the KEYone and their future portfolio of BlackBerry devices to corporate customers.

Diensthandys – Umstieg auf Apple: VW-Mitarbeiter jetzt mit iPhones – WAZ/AZ-online.de
    05-05-17 01:03 PM
    Volkswagen has made the iPhone SE their standard issue smartphone, ditching BlackBerrys to "drive digitalization", calling iOS the "the best available smartphone ecosystem, with the simplest operation and the right solutions for our colleagues".

Another huge loss of an important corporate customer...

I'm not sure TCL has any significant B2B sales infrastructure, considering they've only been selling consumer-oriented Alcatel phones so far.. but I'm hoping they'll be working to actively promote the KEYone and their future portfolio of BlackBerry devices to corporate customers.

Diensthandys – Umstieg auf Apple: VW-Mitarbeiter jetzt mit iPhones – WAZ/AZ-online.de
    Hard to beat Apple in enterprise.... sadly most all the BlackBerry marketing is still most secure ANDROID phone. And from what I've read from security experts.... Android still has a ways to go to catch up to iOS. But Apple has the advantage of stability - they will be there in three years, suppliers will provide accessories or apps, replacement parts or repairs are easy to obtain (try getting a screen for a PRIV).
    jmr1015 likes this.
    05-05-17 01:21 PM
    Hard to beat Apple in enterprise.... sadly most all the BlackBerry marketing is still most secure ANDROID phone. And from what I've read from security experts.... Android still has a ways to go to catch up to iOS. But Apple has the advantage of stability - they will be there in three years, suppliers will provide accessories or apps, replacement parts or repairs are easy to obtain (try getting a screen for a PRIV).
    Try getting a frickin battery for it.... I do not know what I'm going to do when my Priv battery dies
    05-05-17 02:10 PM
    Try getting a frickin battery for it.... I do not know what I'm going to do when my Priv battery dies
    Not as bad as the Screen.... https://www.etradesupply.com/blackbe...v-battery.html

But you may not need one for years...
    05-05-17 02:16 PM
    Not as bad as the Screen.... https://www.etradesupply.com/blackbe...v-battery.html

But you may not need one for years...
    For the screen, use a good screen protector, templed, and you Will be fine, thanks for the data on battery regards
    05-05-17 02:17 PM
    For the screen, use a good screen protector, templed, and you Will be fine, thanks for the data on battery regards
    On the screen, I was talking about screen replacement.... there are times even a screen protector isn't enough. It's on the same site, can almost buy a new phone.
    05-05-17 02:32 PM
    On the screen, I was talking about screen replacement.... there are times even a screen protector isn't enough. It's on the same site, can almost buy a new phone.
    Also was talking about the screen, and also agree with what you've said, almost a New Phone for the price of the replacement, and not knowing if it is a original one, well, looks like I Will have to Protect my Phone very well
    05-05-17 02:52 PM
    But Apple has the advantage of stability - they will be there in three years, suppliers will provide accessories or apps, replacement parts.
    Good thing unless their screens have become more durable! http://www.phonearena.com/news/23-of...survey_id39628
    I have been dropping Z10s and Z30s for years with never a crack.

BB, Still the One
    05-05-17 04:26 PM
    when you don't have handset, end to end is not materialized. not surprise by the VW.
    05-05-17 05:00 PM
    I'm actually surprised it's taken VW this long. The industry I work in was almost exclusively BlackBerry 10-11 years ago. Many companies gave BB10 a shot when It first came out but everyone is either using iPhones or Android phones for the last 3 years or so now.
    05-06-17 11:24 AM
    I have not heard but would not be all that surprised if VW is partnering with Apple for their infotainment system in new cars.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-17 11:18 AM
    I have not heard but would not be all that surprised if VW is partnering with Apple for their infotainment system in new cars.
    Consumers are demanding Car Play and Android Auto, and some are making car buying decisions based on the availability of those apps. The thing is, they'll run on every current infotainment platform already, so only companies that insist on trying to have their own custom solution (aka Toyota) aren't going to have it - and I strongly suspect that market pressures will force Toyota to abandon their proprietary system sooner or later. There are 4 Toyota vehicles in my family, but we won't be buying any more until Android Auto is available, as it is on their competitors.
    05-08-17 01:16 AM
    Wouldn't be surprised if Apple was using their gigantic war chest of cash to send kickbacks to various corporations to do this
    05-08-17 06:35 PM
    Wouldn't be surprised if Apple was using their gigantic war chest of cash to send kickbacks to various corporations to do this
    Why would they, when it's simply not necessary? I'm sure the price of the phones are negotiated down a bit, but Apple really doesn't need to make very many concessions to win business.
    05-08-17 08:13 PM
    Why would they, when it's simply not necessary? I'm sure the price of the phones are negotiated down a bit, but Apple really doesn't need to make very many concessions to win business.
    Apple has a $265 billion nest egg of cash -- and it's just sitting there. But they will only use it for GOOD!

Apple is a special, gentle supercorporation that would NEVER engage in anti-competitive practices to achieve a complete monopoly and thus never risk upstart challengers! They are KINDER and GENTLER!

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/new...ices-in-europe
    05-09-17 03:16 PM
    Apple has a $265 billion nest egg of cash -- and it's just sitting there. But they will only use it for GOOD!

Apple is a special, gentle supercorporation that would NEVER engage in anti-competitive practices to achieve a complete monopoly and thus never risk upstart challengers! They are KINDER and GENTLER!
    Wow. Just… wow. Where did that rant come from? Where in Troy's post did you infer any sort or moral or ethical judgement in either direction on Apple's behalf?
    Last edited by Elephant_Canyon; 05-11-17 at 04:28 AM. Reason: Cleaned up slightly harsh wording
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and TGR1 like this.
    05-09-17 04:28 PM
    Wow. Just… wow. Where did that petulant rant come from? Where in Troy's post did you infer any sort or moral or ethical judgement in either direction on Apple's behalf?
    Didn't you know? Apple couldn't possibly have taken a customer from BB without resorting to shady means. They certainly couldn't have provided a product that suited Volkswagen better--in his mind, anyway.
    jmr1015 likes this.
    05-09-17 04:39 PM
    I guess Apple must be paying the same kickbacks to your family, friends, and co-workers to use iPhones. Perhaps if you pressure the iPhone users in your life, enough, perhaps you can get them to 'fess up about the checks they have been getting from Apple.
    jmr1015 and MikeX74 like this.
    05-09-17 07:10 PM
    Apple doesn't need to win in the corporate world that way - they won for the same reason BB won a decade earlier: by meeting the needs of enterprise better than others and by becoming desired by consumers.

Apple had already won consumers over in a big way, but around 2009, they began work to enable MDM/EMM software to manage iOS devices, and by 2011-12, that work was largely completed and enterprises started adopting the iPhone (and iPad) in droves.

Android (via Samsung and Knox) has caught up, but the iPhone still probably has 60% of the US enterprise market (not sure about Europe) and remains the default choice for enterprise.

I'm no fan of Apple personally, but you can't ignore their excellent execution and strategy - which was mostly identifying corporate needs and meeting them, while still being consumer-friendly. That was far, FAR more important than any kickbacks could ever be, because mobile device decisions are very much in the spotlight.
    MikeX74, Dunt Dunt Dunt and TGR1 like this.
    05-10-17 11:45 AM
    If Apple doesn't NEED to use corrupt methods to push their products, because they're so brilliant and successful ... then why have they done it before?

Nobody CLAIMED bribery.

But based on past EVIDENCE (which is the whole point) Apple certainly could do stuff like that.

There's the strong possibility based on past EVIDENCE that VW's decision had less to do with BB than Apple's past corporate behaviour.

it was just an observation based on Apple's past history and the suspicious assault on BB that keeps happening

2 + 2 = 4

Apple is a big shark. Sharks eat smaller fish. Don't trust the shark if you're a fish.

As for scouring the Internet for the two links i used as proof that Apple has done this type of thing before, they were the first results when you do a basic general Google. If I really wanted to scour the Internet I could find 10 more easily where they did stuff like this.
    05-10-17 03:47 PM
    Apple is a big shark. Sharks eat smaller fish. Don't trust the shark if you're a fish.
    At this point BlackBerry is a minnow.... Like most consumers, not sure Apple is even aware they are still in the hardware business (which they aren't).

I don't buy your view of Apple, but if it's too hot in the kitchen....
    05-10-17 03:55 PM
    Is there any bigh company still using BlackBerrys? I live in Frankfurt and did not see a BlackBerry for a very long time.
    The few around are Q10 or classic.

The more interesting question will be: will any company switch to their android devices?
    As IOS is more secure i doubt that..
    05-10-17 04:00 PM
    At this point BlackBerry is a minnow.... Like most consumers, not sure Apple is even aware they are still in the hardware business (which they aren't).

I don't buy your view of Apple, but if it's too hot in the kitchen....
    Hey.... I love my iPhone 7 but if you don't buy my view of Apple just dig around into some of their past, I have more than proved they have done this before. So it is actually not MY view of Apple I am asking you to believe, you have to believe whatever you want about the company's past.

It's up to YOU to believe what you want about Apple or ANY company.
    05-10-17 04:03 PM
    At this point BlackBerry is a minnow.... ..
    More like plankton,
    05-10-17 04:13 PM
    nothing happened in vacuum. apple's success is long in the making.
    5 strategic moves that show Apple is more CIO-friendly | CIO
    BB better be on guard and take note. (team up with IBM and Cisco are brilliant move).
    05-11-17 08:16 AM
37 12