Here's an easy one. Revisit why you started the site in the first place & do that thing again.

Let's connect: @kmcooley | C00219967
    ray689, raino, peter0328 and 4 others like this.
    05-26-14 11:19 PM
    More podcasts
    bbdodgersdude likes this.
    05-26-14 11:28 PM
    ^This
    05-27-14 07:30 AM
    Please post more editorials/thought pieces relating to BlackBerry.

Posts about BlackBerry history and inside scoops are also topics that interest me. The latest press release isn't very "bloggy". While informative and definitely required posting, I hope to see more original content.

Maybe also posts relating to upcoming apps/games/accessories for BlackBerry devices (not Android ports!). I don't want to go to Connectedly (hate the name btw) and attempt to wade through every post to find what is natively supported on BlackBerry. Any natively supported BlackBerry connected accessories should be posted on CB.

Another idea would be "BlackBerry Evangelist" posts where there are stories/videos of people going out and convincing others to get BlackBerry devices.

Also, please clearly post within the first 3 sentences of any app/game/accessory article whether it relates to Native support or if it is via the Android runtime. Since I don't want any Android apps on my BlackBerry, I don't want to waste my time reading an article that will not apply to me at all.

I also like the BlackBerry vs iOS/Android/WP,etc articles/videos idea. Show off the pros and cons between the two. It will help give us BlackBerry users examples to show others to help convert them, provide good search results for when people are interested in BlackBerry vs the competition, and perhaps show clear areas where BlackBerry can improve.

Posted via CB10
    Definitely would like to see in depth historical pieces of how certain events/devices occured or came to be. I'm thinking something along the lines of history of 9900, fleshing out what went on behind the scenes digging deep from the people who were there like it Crackberry could.
    05-27-14 07:38 AM
    How about more in depth stories about the devices themselves? I'd love to read about any hidden features. For example, I recently discovered the ability to scroll through the virtual keyboard while responding and needing to read up/down to reference.

How about funny or inspiring events involving BlackBerry users? Like that thread we had where a person here met his future boss, and impressed him, by being a BlackBerry user too.

Contests would be good. I think it might catch the eye of some new traffic. How about a "Submit a video of why you love Blackberry" and award the top three the community votes for?

Just my opinions/ideas. =)

Sent from a larger than life device using Tapatalk!
    CrackBerry Kevin likes this.
    05-27-14 08:09 AM
    Here's an easy one. Revisit why you started the site in the first place & do that thing again.

Let's connect: @kmcooley | C00219967
    OOOOO.... I like it. Fun!!!

You know, I get asked that a lot too. Will be nice to have an article I can point people to instead of re-telling the story.

THE HISTORY OF CRACKBERRY... I think it may have to be a several part piece. But it's now on my to-do list!
    bbdodgersdude likes this.
    05-27-14 08:50 AM
    I like this idea. We used to promote reviews of apps, devices and accessories to the blogs in the past, we should get back to this practice, and or have other guest shots at providing editorial content. I KNOW this may not be easy to do, but I think it's worth the effort. Perhaps a more regular "from the forums" feature.
    This never stopped in theory... just in practice. I had some thoughts last night on this actually, and I think that's what we're going to do. Any members can have their stories "blogged" to the homepage of the site, but first they'll need to write them in our community section dedicated to that. Will do some tweaking up here and make an announcement soon. I like it though. Then for people who start contributing a lot of awesome stuff, we'll promote them directly to the blogs. Everybody has their chance to be awesome.
    05-27-14 08:52 AM
    As the biggest BlackBerry community on the internet, I suggest that you make a deal with BlackBerry it self about the following:

A new dedicated forum for feature requests, ideas, comments etc will be open here where users will contribute

Kevin and the mods will filter the ideas and choose some of them to present to BlackBerry to actually implement them.

A real deal. Think you could do this Kevin?
    peter0328 likes this.
    05-27-14 08:58 AM
    This never stopped in theory... just in practice. I had some thoughts last night on this actually, and I think that's what we're going to do. Any members can have their stories "blogged" to the homepage of the site, but first they'll need to write them in our community section dedicated to that. Will do some tweaking up here and make an announcement soon. I like it though. Then for people who start contributing a lot of awesome stuff, we'll promote them directly to the blogs. Everybody has their chance to be awesome.

"Why I choose BlackBerry" section? I like it! More community engagement the better! And it could be every week, or month, etc, Maybe a quarterly review of the chosen stories?
    05-27-14 08:58 AM
    What about stuff like this:

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...+Mods+thoughts

But do polls like you did for Talk Mobile, get the general community at large involved again. Also what about live chats with people from BlackBerry? I know it might be difficult to arrange (perhaps Alec Saunders would talk about project Ion some), but CB has always been a huge fan base for BlackBerry, maybe they will be more willing for direct engagements (perhaps through Channels as well)
    pkcable likes this.
    05-27-14 09:03 AM
    As the biggest BlackBerry community on the internet, I suggest that you make a deal with BlackBerry it self about the following:

A new dedicated forum for feature requests, ideas, comments etc will be open here where users will contribute

Kevin and the mods will filter the ideas and choose some of them to present to BlackBerry to actually implement them.

A real deal. Think you could do this Kevin?
    I think it should have Up/Down votes and the community just votes on feature requests. This way they get ranked based on true community wants/needs.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-14 09:26 AM
    Adam actually deserves that award, it's just that I shine because he's not as active as I am in the forums lol.
    Which is one thing that should also be worked on....
    05-27-14 10:16 AM
    Give us more of 'kevin'. More podcasts and more insights.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-14 10:46 AM
    Which is one thing that should also be worked on....
    Only so many hours in a day. Adam is (in some ways) busier than me. Sure, the forums are part of his job but more so for me because I don't have a site (He has Connectedly) of my own to run.... if that makes sense.
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    05-27-14 11:41 AM
    More contests! Who is with me??

Posted via CB10
    05-27-14 12:26 PM
    A forum entitled " native, port, load"

Each week an app category is chosen whether it be fitness, weather, dictation, organization etc. And the reviewer will give the readership there take on a version of each and there strengths and weaknesses.

Far too often I think members dismiss an app because it's a port or a side load. Maybe a focused weekly conversation about the available options could help clear the air and confusion.

I don't care if other people want a bb10 device I wanted one and that's all that matters.
    05-27-14 12:39 PM
    I would like to see more cowbell.
    05-27-14 12:40 PM
    But seriously, I want to see more posts about all the cool things BlackBerry can do. Video posts at that, so I can watch in awe and show my homies.
    05-27-14 12:42 PM
    In the front page, below Popular and New in the forum sections, add on a section called, "Staff Pick from the Forum". Let each CrackBerry staff pick an interesting post from forum daily (too much burden...OK weekly). That would be awesome for member to get picked by staff. And will give a quality read for a visitor especially for first time visitors and guests.
    And we eventually map staff's interest. Right?
    05-27-14 01:16 PM
    Vintage CrackBerry Kevin is what's missing!

#PoweredByBlackBerry
    Last edited by Maal628; 05-27-14 at 06:26 PM.
    05-27-14 06:15 PM
    @Kevin I want to see more of your P9982!

Check Out TechCraze
    05-27-14 06:33 PM
    I wanna see app reviews and product reviews
    Editorials are also welcomed

Posted via CB10
    05-27-14 06:47 PM
    How about something for us old guys that are new to BlackBerry and don't know as much about smartphones as you young guys do. Make it in plain English, kind of a how to basic primer lesson.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-14 09:21 PM
48 12