Why do they need a disclaimer at the bottom of their site?

Everything I say is my OPINION and is based on my experiences and what I have learned. It is not meant to attack but to drive meaningful conversation. Let's all be civil!
    07-05-14 07:40 PM
    Why do they need a disclaimer at the bottom of their site?

Everything I say is my OPINION and is based on my experiences and what I have learned. It is not meant to attack but to drive meaningful conversation. Let's all be civil!
    Even reports on your beloved devices and sites carry disclaimers.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 07:47 PM
    Even reports on your beloved devices and sites carry disclaimers.

Posted via CB10
    I have no beloved sites or devices, I just use what I want
    I don't have to prove anything to anyone.

07-05-14 07:50 PM
    Not really a fair comparison. How many people in here swipe their credit cards at a store or buy things on the internet from their computer? If a stores data is compromised and you purchased from that store then you are at risk.

It's acted like in here if you own a BB then you are protected from any type of data theft in any situation. And if you aren't using BES how secure is your Blackberry anyway?
    That's why you should check if the STORE is using BES / BlackBerry. It is an indication of how seriously they take security.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 08:08 AM
    That's why you should check if the STORE is using BES / BlackBerry. It is an indication of how seriously they take security.

Posted via CB10
    So every store you go into you have to ask them about their security? What employee knows this? It would require calling their headquarters and somehow speaking to someone in IT. Unrealistic.

Moonbase0ne and mornhavon like this.
    07-06-14 08:16 AM
    So every store you go into you have to ask them about their security? What employee knows this? It would require calling their headquarters and somehow speaking to someone in IT. Unrealistic.

Yes. "Excuse me, before I buy this do you use Blackberry BES for security?" "Oh you don't know what I'm talking about? Oh ok I will not buy then." Totally realistic to me.........
    Moonbase0ne and mornhavon like this.
    07-06-14 08:59 AM
    I still don't care

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 09:42 AM
    No I mean "when". As recently as the Aviva issue with IOS.

Posted via CB10
    So in your mind, every smartphone user in existence will at some point have their financial information compromised?
    That's insane.
    It's like saying everyone who owns a car will at some point be involved on a collision.
    Just because something can happen, doesn't mean it will.
    07-06-14 11:25 AM
    So in your mind, every smartphone user in existence will at some point have their financial information compromised?
    That's insane.
    It's like saying everyone who owns a car will at some point be involved on a collision.
    Just because something can happen, doesn't mean it will.
    No what I have said there is a greater propensity on other platforms. And seeing you are using a car analogy, it's akin to seeing a pot hole a mile away and driving right in rather than avoiding it all together.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 12:17 PM
    When their bank account and credit card related accounts will be compromised and being used, that's where they're going to act.

Posted via CB10
    Lol. It never made a big dent in Windows' marketshare.
    07-06-14 12:35 PM
    I wonder if anyone knows anyone who has actually had bad things happen to them because they used iOS or Android smartphones. Everyone I know personally who has a smartphone either has a Android or a iOS device (Some also have Windows Phone as a second device) yet I've never heard of any of them being hacked, or having their bank account info stolen because of their phone. They all manage to survive without BlackBerry's security. Seems like if it was such a big problem, I would know at least one person who has had it happen to them personally.

I do have a friend who was hit with a $80 premium SMS charge that he had no idea how it had happened, but his **** was using a Storm 2 at the time so who knows. Maybe BlackBerry should start creating viruses for iOS and Android. Maybe then folks will start to care about any alleged security benefit BlackBerry may have. Right now, seems like most people are ok with they've currently got.
    mornhavon and Berry_Pink like this.
    07-06-14 12:46 PM
    I wonder if anyone knows anyone who has actually had bad things happen to them because they used iOS or Android smartphones. Everyone I know personally who has a smartphone either has a Android or a iOS device (Some also have Windows Phone as a second device) yet I've never heard of any of them being hacked, or having their bank account info stolen because of their phone. They all manage to survive without BlackBerry's security. Seems like if it was such a big problem, I would know at least one person who has had it happen to them personally.

I do have a friend who was hit with a $80 premium SMS charge that he had no idea how it had happened, but his **** was using a Storm 2 at the time so who knows. Maybe BlackBerry should start creating viruses for iOS and Android. Maybe then folks will start to care about any alleged security benefit BlackBerry may have. Right now, seems like most people are ok with they've currently got.
    http://www.bullguard.com/blog/2014/0...new-trend.html

http://m.tech.firstpost.com/news-ana...ne-218395.html

http://www.theguardian.com/money/201...d-zeus-malware

http://resources.infosecinstitute.co...ity-need-know/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolog...e-banking.html

http://www.welivesecurity.com/2013/1...-report-finds/

Just a few links, enjoy ,Thomas.
    Yes I am one of them hacked

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by crackbrry fan; 07-06-14 at 01:09 PM.
    07-06-14 12:55 PM

That's probably due to the fact they were to embarrassed to admit to it because I personally know 2 people with Android devices that have been hacked.
    spikesolie likes this.
    07-06-14 01:12 PM
    Lots of people claim security is the last thing they care for whenever a blackberry user talks about it. They mostly say: I have nothing to hide or be afraid about. Well here's argument: let's see when someone gets inside ur house and steal most of your belongings and tell us then: well I have had nothing to hide!!
    Could this be the worst, most incoherent analogy ever?
    ronfc and mornhavon like this.
    07-06-14 01:15 PM
    That's probably due to the fact they were to embarrassed to admit to it because I personally know 2 people with Android devices that have been hacked.
    How were they hacked?
    mornhavon likes this.
    07-06-14 01:40 PM
    I wonder if anyone knows anyone who has actually had bad things happen to them because they used iOS or Android smartphones.
    My experience:
    * Every year or so myself or second account holder need to close the credit card because of suspicious transactions. We purchase a lot online. Not sure how the info is leaked, we try to minimize usage of android OS wrt online purchases.
    * Long time ago I got a new android tablet and installed twitter and some other apps. My twitter account started to send out spam messages.
    * A couple years ago everyone from my Hotmail address book received a spam email with some sexual offer.

I don't associate all of the incidents with android but started to treat security with higher priority.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 01:44 PM
    Everyone, please re-read what I said.

I wonder if anyone knows anyone who has actually had bad things happen to them because they used iOS or Android smartphones.
    When has the hack been because of the OS and not because of user stupidity/error?

Notice, that I didn't say I wonder how many morons have had bad things happen to them because they are too stupid to use a device properly and purposefully disabled security features, ignored warnings from the OS itself and went on to install suspicious apps from unknown sources or failed to read the application permissions. We've all seen the links to the viruses that have been found by the same companies that have a vested interest in the existence of such viruses, but I sure don't see the evidence of it affecting real users.

Heck, the only time I've seen anyone say they've had a Android device get hacked is on CrackBerry forums. Go figure right?
    mornhavon likes this.
    07-06-14 02:09 PM
    Everyone, please re-read what I said.

Notice, that I didn't say I wonder how many morons have had bad things happen to them because they are too stupid to use a device a properly and purposefully disabled security features, ignored warnings from the OS itself and went on to install suspicious apps from unknown sources. We've all seen the links to the viruses that have been found by the same companies that have a vested interest in the existence of such viruses, but I sure don't see the evidence of it affecting real users.

Heck, the first time I've seen anyone say they've had a Android device get hacked is on CrackBerry forums. Go figure right?
    Usually, folks "know" someone.

I have recalled on CB about a meeting I had with an executive from a company that regularly publishes Android vulnerabilities and threat assessments. Guess what device he uses? Even he laughed.

LOL.
    Witmen and mornhavon like this.
    07-06-14 02:13 PM
    Lots of people claim security is the last thing they care for whenever a blackberry user talks about it. They mostly say: I have nothing to hide or be afraid about. Well here's argument: let's see when someone gets inside ur house and steal most of your belongings and tell us then: well I have had nothing to hide!!