Lots of people claim security is the last thing they care for whenever a blackberry user talks about it. They mostly say: I have nothing to hide or be afraid about. Well here's argument: let's see when someone gets inside ur house and steal most of your belongings and tell us then: well I have had nothing to hide!!

Powered by Blackberry
    lift likes this.
    07-05-14 06:54 AM
    Lots of people claim security is the last thing they care for whenever a blackberry user talks about it. They mostly say: I have nothing to hide or be afraid about. Well here's argument: let's see when someone gets inside ur house and steal most of your belongings and tell us then: well I have had nothing to hide!!

Powered by Blackberry
    I'm not sure I understand the comparison.

Everything I say is my OPINION and is based on my experiences and what I have learned. It is not meant to attack but to drive meaningful conversation. Let's all be civil!
    07-05-14 06:57 AM
    When their bank account and credit card related accounts will be compromised and being used, that's where they're going to act.

Posted via CB10
    Nayalm likes this.
    07-05-14 07:01 AM
    I'm not sure I understand the comparison.

Everything I say is my OPINION and is based on my experiences and what I have learned. It is not meant to attack but to drive meaningful conversation. Let's all be civil!
    My point is when they do not for the security of their data is like when they do not care for the security of their possessions.

Powered by Blackberry
    THBW likes this.
    07-05-14 07:27 AM
    Not really a fair comparison. How many people in here swipe their credit cards at a store or buy things on the internet from their computer? If a stores data is compromised and you purchased from that store then you are at risk.

It's acted like in here if you own a BB then you are protected from any type of data theft in any situation. And if you aren't using BES how secure is your Blackberry anyway?
    07-05-14 07:37 AM
    The point is not whether they have something to hide or not, it's simply that allowing anyone to snoop into people's personal stuff is wrong, period.
    And by justifying it invoking security reasons, we give up our right to privacy and make it ok for anyone with a badge or a position of authority to invade our personal life. And that's wrong quite simply.

The terrorist threat is as high as it ever was, we still have planes disappearing out of thin air while we are completely powerless to do anything to prevent it or even find the aircraft afterward, public events (such as 4th of July celebrations for example) are still jammed packed with security staff to the point of making the whole thing look like a war zone, complete with people being harassed right and left for no reason at all under the guise of "security", and it's getting worse.

Do *I* have anything to hide? Nope. In fact I lead a life so square the NSA agents that may read my emails probably fall asleep on the job or start screaming and pulling their hair out of boredom, lol.
    But it's a matter of principle:
    Stay the bloody hell out of my stuff, for f### sake.

I'm pretty sure our government knows full well how to trace terrorists, hell Bush got a full report of his desk right before 911 and that was before the whole homeland security debacle. So they know how, they've known for a long time.
    This is about controlling the people, plain and simple.
    Today we live under the exact same rules that we blamed the Soviets for during the Cold War:
    Phone calls can be tapped, communications can be rummaged through, hell, citizens can be arrested and held indefinitely without being charged, Habeus Corpus has gone down the toilet. Constitutional rights are a joke. Financial records are wide open to our government's snooping.

So no, I don't have anything to hide.
    But you're still not welcome to my personal information, boring as it may be.
    I'm not kidding myself though:
    The powers that be most likely can see everything they need to see about me, Blackberry or not, simply because I have used Google and Microsoft products in the past and I currently also use Apple products.

Which is precisely my point:
    You have all you need, leave my effing phone alone.
    And I rather like buying my device from a company that hasn't bent over and spread their legs for the NSA.
    In fact if Blackberry made a tablet and a laptop that served my needs, I would get them in a heartbeat and never look back.

So we may be powerless in front of Big Brother. But I don't have to welcome them either.

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    07-05-14 09:36 AM
    Not really a fair comparison. How many people in here swipe their credit cards at a store or buy things on the internet from their computer? If a stores data is compromised and you purchased from that store then you are at risk.

It's acted like in here if you own a BB then you are protected from any type of data theft in any situation. And if you aren't using BES how secure is your Blackberry anyway?
    But you control as much as you can . It's saying people because of that shouldn't have strong passwords online because that website can be broken into

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 09:57 AM
    But you control as much as you can . It's saying people because of that shouldn't have strong passwords online because that website can be broken into

Posted via CB10
    Yes you try to control as much as you can but the notion that because you own a BB you are completely secure is ridiculous. If I own a BB and buy something off of Amazon's website from my BB and then Amazon's website gets hacked well guess what my info is just as at risk as everyone else's.
    ronfc and Witmen like this.
    07-05-14 10:01 AM
    My point is when they do not for the security of their data is like when they do not care for the security of their possessions.

Powered by Blackberry
    There is a massive difference between the data on my phone, and the contents of my home. In every sense if the imagination.
    Bad example.
    ronfc likes this.
    07-05-14 10:07 AM
    It's not a matter of having nothing to hide, it's that I don't see why I should prove I have nothing to hide.

Posted via CB10
    Evilguppy likes this.
    07-05-14 10:09 AM
    I do agree with you that on CB people like to believe their invulnerable from any sort of harm.

However you don't really hear about virus and malware like on android.

That's not to say it's impossible to write malware for BB10, however their are so few people on BB10 that it's not even worth the time for any average hacker.

If ones involved in Professional or Corporate espionage then I'm sure compromising BB10 would be worth the time and effort
    07-05-14 10:22 AM
    I do agree with you that on CB people like to believe their invulnerable from any sort of harm.

However you don't really hear about virus and malware like on android.

That's not to say it's impossible to write malware for BB10, however their are so few people on BB10 that it's not even worth the time for any average hacker.

If ones involved in Professional or Corporate espionage then I'm sure compromising BB10 would be worth the time and effort
    OK I will take a bite ,BlackBerry 10 has smaller market share so, the hackers according to you ,won't "waste" their time. What's about BBOS? It had a considerable market share for a longtime,how many attacks they got that were successfully breached? All that time all other platforms were being "successfully " compromised. I know some individuals here are missioned or commissioned to give BlackBerry users, the line that BlackBerry isn't more secure, it's NOT true and time and reports by security analysts confirm this over and over, this is why BlackBerry is considered the "Gold Standard " even by Governmental Agencies and it goes from BES to the stand alone devices.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 10:33 AM
    When their bank account and credit card related accounts will be compromised and being used, that's where they're going to act.

Posted via CB10
    Don't you mean "if"?

Posted with my Q
    Blacklatino likes this.
    07-05-14 11:22 AM
    Don't you mean "if"?

Posted with my Q
    No not" if " "when".

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 11:38 AM
    OK I will take a bite ,BlackBerry 10 has smaller market share so, the hackers according to you ,won't "waste" their time. What's about BBOS? It had a considerable market share for a longtime,how many attacks they got that were successfully breached? All that time all other platforms were being "successfully " compromised. I know some individuals here are missioned or commissioned to give BlackBerry users, the line that BlackBerry isn't more secure, it's NOT true and time and reports by security analysts confirm this over and over, this is why BlackBerry is considered the "Gold Standard " even by Governmental Agencies and it goes from BES to the stand alone devices.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not questioning the security of BB but to act like you live in an impenetrable fortress because you own one is nonsense. If you have a gmail account on your BB and gmail is hacked, you've been hacked too. If you buy from a retailer on your phone and that retailer is hacked, you are too.
    ronfc likes this.
    07-05-14 11:56 AM