Ok, so now I'm pissed. I took my USB drive off my computer that has ALL of my BB stuff on it and now it's not working! I've tried it on like 6 different machines and it won't even get powered up on ANY of them!

I'm pissed cause I don't have these files anywhere else!

Sorry for the rant, just had to...
    09-22-08 02:11 PM
    It doesn't work on the PC you originally had it attached to?
    09-22-08 02:17 PM
    It doesn't work on the PC you originally had it attached to?
    Nope! It's not even like getting powered up anymore, on ANY of the machines.

I'm going to try it at the house and see what happens but if it doesn't work...

1. I'll be PISSED!
    2. I'm going to take my friends .45 to it!
    09-22-08 02:52 PM
    Is Windows not recognizing it? If it's not, the problem may be with the drive housing being defective. If you're computer savvy there's an easy way to determine this. If you have a spare drive slot in your computer, take the drive out of the housing and install it i n the computer. If the computer recognizes it, you will know that the housing is defective. Unless it's a 2.5 dtive, then you would need another housing to try it in. You can get them for under $20.
    09-22-08 04:15 PM
    Is Windows not recognizing it? If it's not, the problem may be with the drive housing being defective. If you're computer savvy there's an easy way to determine this. If you have a spare drive slot in your computer, take the drive out of the housing and install it i n the computer. If the computer recognizes it, you will know that the housing is defective. Unless it's a 2.5 dtive, then you would need another housing to try it in. You can get them for under $20.
    Its a 12GB PNY MaxFile Attache Thumb Drive, I can't take the housing off unless I destroy the drive. Windows isn't even sending it power and I know its the drive because I've connected other USB drives to the same port and they work fine.
    09-22-08 05:09 PM
    Ouch! That's a bummer. That's one of the reasons why I don't use thumb drives.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-08 05:14 PM
    Its a 12GB PNY MaxFile Attache Thumb Drive, I can't take the housing off unless I destroy the drive. Windows isn't even sending it power and I know its the drive because I've connected other USB drives to the same port and they work fine.
    Oops, sorry, I thought you were talking about an external usb harddrive, not a flash drive!
    09-22-08 09:59 PM
    What kind of files did you have on the USB ThumbDrive??

That is exactly why I only use those USB-thingers for temporary storage and transfers! It is always good to have a backup of the items on the USB drive, because they can easily get lost, get sent through the wash, get stolen, etc.
    09-22-08 10:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD