I've been checking thru out the morning to see if they update appworld. I had been getting 1.0.0.30. Now all the sudden I'm getting a my device is not supported. Either I broke it or maybe they're beginning to move stuff over.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-09 11:01 AM
    Disregard... It's been launched....
    07-31-09 11:08 AM
    I just downloaded the new appworld but I'm getting an error saying that "Appworld is having trouble connecting to the AppWorld server please check your connection settings". Any ideas?

07-31-09 11:19 AM
    Disregard... It's been launched....

I guess you can pick it up at their blackberry website correct?
    07-31-09 11:22 AM
    i just downloaded it...my bb is resetting as i write this...let's see how this goes =)
    07-31-09 11:23 AM
    Is this the version that will alow you to store your apps on device memory instead of app memory as previously reported?
    07-31-09 11:24 AM
    Should be...Sounds like I should wait a bit if its not workin yet.. Has anyone gotten connected and played with it yet???

07-31-09 11:38 AM
    On my VZ Tour, I updated the application list, but it did not prompt me there was a new version available, so I went to the Blackerry App World website and downloaded it there. My Tour is rebooting now.

Update: After my reboot, I ran the app and it looks pretty much the same, but the bottom row of options has been updated, as well as I provided a link to some of the new features previously reported:

- Categories
    - Top Free
    - Top Paid
    - Search
    - My World

The scrolling/navigating is also much, much quicker, which is really nice

Article
    BlackBerry App World 1.1 Coming Soon? Interesting New Features in Documentation | BerryReview.com �

New Documentation
    Features for BlackBerry device users

One thing I have noticed that is a bug with the previous version and this one is when I go into My World, it doesn't always illustrate the apps I have installed, particularly ones that are in the BB App store even if I didn't install it directly from the App Store. An example is Viigo, which is in the app store - I had to manually downgrade as the recently released version hosed up my email, where I would get funny characters in the top of them, when selecting HTML, as well as using a large font. Anyways, I wanted to share that point, otherwise it seems to be running fine.
    Last edited by BerryStorm; 07-31-09 at 12:16 PM.
    07-31-09 11:49 AM
    Am I the only one having the network error?

07-31-09 11:54 AM
    I'm not having a network error, but the initial launch of the app was really slow. After the first one, it has been much faster.
    07-31-09 11:59 AM
    I just saw a new feature on the new app world. There is a new icon that pops up on your home screen when there is an upgrade to an app you downloaded from app world. Pretty cool. Now you don't have to waste your time looking for updates. It will notify you. COOL!
    07-31-09 12:10 PM
    Should be...Sounds like I should wait a bit if its not workin yet.. Has anyone gotten connected and played with it yet???

Yeah. Its got some new feature which are pretty cool. I find it much faster than the previous version.
    07-31-09 12:12 PM
    yeah mine is having a network error, whats up with that anyone know?
    07-31-09 12:13 PM
    Just got it! Faster loading and scrolling. Not sure how I will benefit from the archive feature. Overall its better than the last IMO..

07-31-09 12:24 PM
    maybe its sprint? you think?
    07-31-09 12:25 PM
    I'm having trouble on Verizon/Alltel so it's not just Sprint.
    07-31-09 12:57 PM
    Won't let me download OTA, probably because I'm running OS 5 (even though I have the previous version installed and working). Gonna have to try to install via DTM.
    07-31-09 01:12 PM
    Keep trying, it took 5-6 tries before I got thru, then it took a while to install and run the first time..Be patient, I imagine a lot of people are trying to DL right now. No issues with Tmo aside from the above..

07-31-09 01:15 PM
    I managed to download it. The terms and conditions were all in Spanish though. The App is entirely in English once it installs.
    07-31-09 01:33 PM
    Keep trying, it took 5-6 tries before I got thru, then it took a while to install and run the first time..Be patient, I imagine a lot of people are trying to DL right now. No issues with Tmo aside from the above..

It's telling me my device doesn't meet the system requirements. I get to the page to select the download language and there's a dropdown menu that's empty, I click Next and get the error. Again, more than likely because I'm running OS 5, unless someone else here has successfully installed on OS 5?
    07-31-09 01:38 PM
    I downloaded no problem on AT&T. Nice seeing the paid and free seperated. Nothing major, but certainly a welcome update.

07-31-09 01:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD