Am I the only one who is royally pi***d at RIM and AppWorld?

I have a Storm 2 I'm perfectly happy with, I went to upgrade the AppWorld on my phone. OK, now I have to use credentials to log in, NBD, then I'm told I need to link my AppWorld account to PayPal. Frankly, I only download freebies but I figure I'll go along with all this, I haven't had problems with PP up to now. But when I log in to PP and am asked to authorize RIM to access my account it tells me I need to authorize a limit of $1,500. Now I know PP is supposed to give me some security but there's no way in **** I'm going to authorize a company selling me apps for at most $15 to pull up to $1,500 from my account.

Maybe I'm missing something here or am just being disagreeable, but it seems to me that RIM is doing everything it can to make me give up my BB (they won't do it, though).

Thanks for letting me vent and I'd be interested in any other opinions.
    10-20-11 11:21 AM
    Can't you just use a credit card rather than PayPal??
    10-20-11 11:27 AM
    When I try to download the upgraded version of AppWorld (either through the phone or via web) the only option I'm given is to link to a PayPal account. I'm not saying there isn't another option possible, just that I don't see how to enable it.

BTW, I have no gripe with PayPal specifically; if I was asked to preauthorize $1500 on my credit card I'd be just as pi**ed. Maybe RIM just doesn't like me.

Thanks for the post and the suggestion.
    10-20-11 11:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD