anyone able to see today's free app and why are RIM trying to fuel user anger by releasing an app per day? they just need to put all 12 up and stop trying to waste time..I weren't expecting them but come on!
    Last edited by sterling_bandit; 10-21-11 at 06:11 PM.
    10-21-11 03:02 PM
    I dont think they released one today...
    10-21-11 03:05 PM
    They are staggering them so that they don't have over 70 million Blackberry Users all trying to access App World at the same time.

Then people would be ******** about how RIM is giving away free apps - that they don't want anyhow - and can't even keep their servers up.
    10-21-11 03:43 PM
    Well figuring $100 total and taking an avg of a app being $5.00.

That would give them 20 days, or 20 apps. to make it until the dead line that they set.

Not sure if that makes any sense at all lol

But I tried
    10-21-11 03:49 PM
    Well figuring $100 total and taking an avg of a app being $5.00.

That would give them 20 days, or 20 apps. to make it until the dead line that they set.

Not sure if that makes any sense at all lol

But I tried
    2 of the apps alone are worth $20 each, so I guess thats where the "over $100" comes into play...
    10-21-11 03:56 PM
    They are staggering them so that they don't have over 70 million Blackberry Users all trying to access App World at the same time.

Then people would be ******** about how RIM is giving away free apps - that they don't want anyhow - and can't even keep their servers up.
    It would be a spectacular method of corporate suicide: Subject their entire infrastructure to a circuit-melting overload of traffic (sound familiar?) when attempting to apologize to customers for an outage caused by another company's failed switch.

On that note, where's Cisco's apology? What's RIM getting from them? What about us?
    I say free Linksys e4500 routers for every BlackBerry owner!
    Last edited by rrrebo; 10-21-11 at 04:18 PM.
    MADBRADNYC and Superfly_FR like this.
    10-21-11 04:14 PM
    Now there is a gift "Linksys e4500"
    10-21-11 04:16 PM
    Not to mention that RIM never said they would release an app per day...
    So the complainers can get ready to complain some more for free applications...
    The apps will be made available to customers over the coming weeks on BlackBerry App World™ and will continue to be available until December 31, 2011.*
    The complete selection of premium apps will become available to download at BlackBerry App World over a period of four weeks beginning Wednesday, October 19th
    Research In Motion Offers Free Premium Apps to Customers Following Service Interruptions
    I have no idea where this "app per day" comes from....
    Last edited by MADBRADNYC; 10-21-11 at 05:54 PM.
    habs_fan and rrrebo like this.
    10-21-11 05:04 PM
    Wow, so now people will bash RIM for delivery time on freebies.
    Get real you cheapstakes. RIM doesn't you anyone anything. This is a good faith gesture. Take it in the spirit of what it is. There is an old saying, don't look a goft horse in the mouth.
    MADBRADNYC and habs_fan like this.
    10-21-11 05:09 PM
    Dude, if you don't appreciate getting a 100 bucks in free apps then don't get them. Each app is so feature rich that if you don't have it, you need to get to know it.

I think RIM went over the top in our favor by giving us $100 bucks for a service outage. When Steve Jobs screwed up the iPhone that did not hold calls, he offered a $5.00 bumper.

RIM has more than made up for the service issue. Now, more than ever I'm sticking with and supporting them. $100 bucks for a one time delay vs. $5.00 for a permanent flaw on a new phone that consumer report said not to buy?!

Advantage: RIM
    10-21-11 05:11 PM
    Are those apps really worth $100? Vlingo and drivesafe.ly are free already, right?

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=32.703758,-114.957314
    Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    10-21-11 06:08 PM

This is just going to make users more irate than they were during outage. if they had pit them all out the worst of a server crash might be past us by now..after all, $100 buys 5 apps on bb, not 100 as in IOS..appworld is run by numbskulls..just venting folks. I love my bb.
    10-21-11 06:09 PM
    Wow, so now people will bash RIM for delivery time on freebies.
    Get real you cheapstakes. RIM doesn't you anyone anything. This is a good faith gesture. Take it in the spirit of what it is. There is an old saying, don't look a goft horse in the mouth.
    I don't think anyone signed up for lack of service in good faith..they offered reparations..I did not ask for them!
    10-21-11 06:15 PM
    WoW! How can I say this without it being personally directed at anyone in this thread.

I am truly concerned about the level of intelligence shown in some of the posts I see in these forums lately...
    homer1475 likes this.
    10-21-11 06:23 PM
    Each app is so feature rich that if you don't have it, you need
    this HAS to be sarcasm!!
    10-21-11 06:26 PM
    Are those apps really worth $100? Vlingo and drivesafe.ly are free already, right?

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=32.703758,-114.957314
    Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    No, they both offer free options but some such has extended recording (unlimited) for DriveSafely and Vlingo being able to Speech to text (and others) are pro features each worth 20$.
    10-21-11 06:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD