We've been testing out BB10 in our IT group now for the past month after finally getting a chance to upgrade to BES 10. I've been loving the Z10 and can't wait for my Q10 to arrive tomorrow from AT&T. I am missing the free/busy feature though as we are still on Exchange 2007. I do feel BlackBerry is taking a bit of a risk here by forcing enterprises to upgrade to BES10 and losing some features if they are still on E2007. For those companies that don't support Active Sync on other platforms because they've gone with Good or Mobile Iron, companies may choose to drop BB all together - we almost did if it weren't for me pushing it!

I am concerned however about a few key apps missing from BB10 that will help it to be successful in the enterprise:

Note - most of these exist on BB7, their fate on BB10 is still mostly unknown:

SafeNet - Secure Token ID - have said it's on their roadmap but no date, I'm now reverting to an old hard token
    Yammer - been in touch with their support, they are in a wait and see mode to see if there's demand. Android side load crashes consistently
    Microsoft Office Communicator - no info
    Concur - Expense reporting, didn't get much response from support
    Citrix - haven't really heard anything yet
    Flex-Plan - ability to submit FSA expenses, while not critical they do have an Android and iPhone app.

On the plus side, WebEx works great!

Are there others anyone else is missing for BB10 to be successful in their enterprise? Anyone have any better updates on the apps above?
    06-19-13 11:05 PM
    I've been complaining from the beginning of time to my BlackBerry rep that with a BES so deeply integrated with my AD and network that there should be enterprise level printing. If the BES can access the printer then it should be available on the phone.

Not an app... but BBM on the desktop (windows) so my inside and outside people can take advantage of BBM screen share, etc.

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    Last edited by k_a_s_m_i_t_h; 06-20-13 at 12:26 PM.
    LoganSix likes this.
    06-20-13 05:00 AM
    Yep the reason people were looking at the other platforms in the enterprise was for app support/capability. The Citrix client still missing is inexcusable as I'm using it on my PlayBook this morning and it is a Native app. Cisco AnyConnect was promissed but still isn't here. Most of the major consumer apps now are ugly looking android ports that eat battery and I bet Skype stays a Preview until 10.2 is released everywhere else in the world, and in the US one to two months latef. Sadly I see BB10 not gaining traction in the US for a while. The rollout here has been a complete disaster. Sad since we probably still are their largest subscriber base (but it is falling off rapidly).
    06-20-13 06:56 AM
    I've been complaining from the beginning of time to my BlackBerry rep that with a BES so deeply integrated with my AD and network that there should be enterprise level printing. If the BED can access the printer then it should be available on the phone.

Not an app... but BBM on the desktop (windows) so my inside and outside people can take advantage of BBM screen share, etc.

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    Cool ideas.

I'm not too worried about desktop support for BBM screen share. When we get to that point, I'll just hook my BB10 to my screen for a bigger view. But, the screen share thing is something I would really like for our current BB devices, so I could see what the field techs are doing as opposed to what they say they are doing.
    06-20-13 07:13 AM