hi guys i would like to let you know that i made some discovery regarding my bb apps especially on appworld..

First i have a phone with a carrier but i don't have a bb plan... then i use apps that works over wifi like, ubertwitter, viigo, time etc... everytime i use these apps my network is turned on and i'm wondering that my unbilled charges is still increasing..

so i tried to turn off my mobile network and then i tried to check bb appworld its saying 'you do not have sufficient etc etc' also i can't connect to some of my apps but when i tried to turn my mobile network on i can just visit appworld and other apps (they said working over wifi)... i also did try use a prepaid sim without load i can also visit bb appworld... i really wondering...
    it is appworld and other apps working over wifi? but when turning off my mobile network it can't! *sigh*

few words from you guys will be appreciated
    08-06-10 05:58 AM
    A few words... ok, App World requires you have to a Blackberry Data Plan, at least that is what I've been told over and over again by people more in the know then myself. If it somehow works for you without a data plan, then good for you... if it doesn't work when you turn off your mobile network, then it's probably working correctly.

If you don't want overage charges, you might not want to use App World... there are other alternatives like CB's Store.
    08-06-10 07:08 AM
    thanks fatboy
    08-06-10 08:24 AM
    If I'm not mistaken, App World can be 'accessed' without a Data Plan. Of course, this doesn't mean that the applications that you download from it will work. Those are the ones that need the data plan.
    08-21-10 03:18 PM
    If I'm not mistaken, App World can be 'accessed' without a Data Plan. Of course, this doesn't mean that the applications that you download from it will work. Those are the ones that need the data plan.
    yup, over wifi.. yeah RIM's native apps and others use BIS.

Edit: RIM's FB and twitter can run over wifi.
    Last edited by indie_user; 08-17-11 at 12:26 AM.
    11-22-10 10:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD