Hi I have bought bold 9700 today n its my first time ever with a blackberry set...
    Em not using BIS cox em always in wifi range n I have downloaded few apps like yahoo messenger n facebook but they r not working with wifi,please help me out...
    O have even downloaded instango n palringo but whenever I open them my bold gets stucked... Please help me out..
    03-22-10 02:29 PM
    you HAVE to have a BIS/BES package to use 99.9% of all the applications

that i am aware of the only applications that do work without a BIS/BES package is Opera Mini and Bolt which are both browsers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-10 02:31 PM
    Are they not working or are they working with Wifi..your title says without but your message says with. Do you have a data plan?

03-22-10 02:34 PM
    They are not working because the OP has no data plan to support his apps THAT USE BB DATA. Time for me to sign off, I am really getting tired of people who won't pay for a data plan and then when their Blackberry doesn't work right they ask for help or a work around. I have had enough. Maybe I will get back on later tonight.
    03-22-10 02:39 PM
    Are they not working or are they working with Wifi..your title says without but your message says with. Do you have a data plan?
    Oops sorry I have wifi n apps r not working with wifi they r asking for data probably bis
    I don't want to pay extra cox there's no 3g here so y to pay so much for slow speed of gprs when I have high speed wifi?
    So any way to run them with wifi?even google maps isn't working with wifi

03-22-10 03:19 PM
    03-22-10 03:24 PM
    Use nimbuzz or im+ lite. Both are free and work via wifi for all ur im needs. Fight the power!

Last edited by vincentnyc; 03-22-10 at 03:55 PM.
    03-22-10 03:26 PM
    Thanx a lot nimbuzz worked,im+ was a paid app
    Btw what's blackberry feature enabler?as I read that it can help me to use many apps on wifi without BIS
    N how to use google maps over wifi?
    Thanks in advance...

03-23-10 01:40 AM
    hi i have storm 9550, those application will not work without BB services ask ur operator to provide you EDGE service so that you can able to excess such application..
    03-23-10 01:54 AM
    Seems that 'add-on' apps developed by RIM would require a BIS/BES data plan and would work on wifi as long as the SIM card with BIS is inserted even though you're riding on wifi and data service via carrier is off. However if you insert a 3rd party SIM card, it won't work at all. I've been testing this feature while I roam out of the country and it seems to be the case. Thus as vincentnyc advises, use 3rd party wifi compatible apps that it not reliant or requires to detect a data plan.
    03-23-10 01:54 AM
    Hi I have bought bold 9700 today n its my first time ever with a blackberry set...
    Em not using BIS cox em always in wifi range n I have downloaded few apps like yahoo messenger n facebook but they r not working with wifi,please help me out...
    O have even downloaded instango n palringo but whenever I open them my bold gets stucked... Please help me out..
    hi ask ur operator to activate the bb service on ur phone then only u can excess such app.
    03-23-10 01:57 AM
    Seems that 'add-on' apps developed by RIM would require a BIS/BES data plan and would work on wifi as long as the SIM card with BIS is inserted even though you're riding on wifi and data service via carrier is off. However if you insert a 3rd party SIM card, it won't work at all. I've been testing this feature while I roam out of the country and it seems to be the case. Thus as vincentnyc advises, use 3rd party wifi compatible apps that it not reliant or requires to detect a data plan.
    On newer devices RIM cleverly offloads traffic to your WiFi when connected. RIM apps such as Yahoo, etc. work only with RIM data. They will use WiFi when your WiFi emblem is bright as then you are using BIS over WiFi. Still connected to RIM's infrastructure and still counts as carrier data if you have a metered plan, even though you are providing the internet access (got to love those greedy carriers).
    03-23-10 02:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD