Apps that I had on my z30 were not available in BBW for the passport are showing up day by day. So although apps were being pulled, I strongly believe it is for updating purposes.

Posted via CB10
    There is no reason to pull the app from BBW so it can be updated to support passport. Developers can put a new version available for device with 10.3 version which passport have while still make the old version available or for sale with devices on 10.2 version. Devices that update to 10.3 later will find the latest update available. No reason to pull app whatsoever unless there is a big bug that warrant that action like BlackBerry recent calculator update.

Symbian is still and always my favourite Os. Nokia 808. FilePLAY Music Player
    Last edited by Traxxmy; 11-01-14 at 12:12 PM.
    11-01-14 09:43 AM
    The Max Contacts app, which I bought, appears to be gone. As far as I can tell, it's gone for all BB10 devices.
    11-04-14 07:32 AM
    The Max Contacts app, which I bought, appears to be gone. As far as I can tell, it's gone for all BB10 devices.
    Is that the same app that was offered during the recent giveaway, or another app totally?

http://crackberry.com/max-secure-huge-giveaway

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 08:01 AM
    Good question. I don't know if it's the same developer because it's gone from my phone after upgrading to10.3.1.1016, but I think it is.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    11-04-14 08:56 AM
    BB10 is dead as a consumer platform. The amazon store will provide the consumer apps. BBW will provide mostly enterprise apps.
    This was stated a couple of months ago.
    11-04-14 09:03 AM
    It seems BlackBerry is reserving BlackBerry World for productivity apps and leaving it up to Amazon to fill the gaming/social/etc. void.
    That was Chen's plan all along.
    Playbook007 likes this.
    11-04-14 09:23 AM
    I'm not sure that the developers are the ones pulling the apps it may be BlackBerry pulling it because they didn't update it and no longer works properly

Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.3289
    11-04-14 09:38 AM
    Jet Pack Joyride still accessible in BlackBerry World:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=928954

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-2 /10.2.1.3247 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.4
    11-06-14 10:52 AM
    BB10 is dead as a consumer platform. The amazon store will provide the consumer apps. BBW will provide mostly enterprise apps.
    This was stated a couple of months ago.
    Stop stating opinions, speculation ir assumptions as facts. I'm a "consumer" and BlackBerry 10 is a perfect "consumer" platform for me. The ONLY app from amazon app store I have is chase bank app.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 06:39 AM
    How is it jet pack joy ride can still be downloaded but it's not found if you search for it?

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 06:42 AM
    Isn't that the point of this thread? LoL

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 06:51 AM
    How is it jet pack joy ride can still be downloaded but it's not found if you search for it?

Posted via CB10
    Because it was previously downloaded and shows up in the Available list in My World. I often install apps that are temporarily free and uninstall so they are available later if I want them. Regardless, anything you have downloaded then uninstalled shows up in this list, so you still have access.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 06:51 AM
    That's not what I meant. What I meant was that it's not searchable but you can still download it. How is that possible or why is that?

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 01:55 PM
    Again. That's is what this thread is about. The app has been pulled from the general public. So, as previously stated, those who have it installed are able to still send download links. But if you don't have it, it cannot be searched for.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 02:11 PM
    I get that. I just find it weird that it's not searchable but can still be downloaded if you downloaded it before. Why pull apps? Does it cost the devs or pubs money to keep up or something?

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 05:00 PM
    To answer your question... No one here can say. That is the purpose if this thread... In that hopefully a Dev or someone from BlackBerry can provide some answers if they read this. That is something that only the Devs or BlackBerry can answer because it is the relationship between the two where this is happening privately... Everyone here has an app they would like to be able to get that they probably recently heard about, but can't find it in a search. So, those of us with working links try to provide them if we can...

HTH

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 05:08 PM
    While I don't have any inside knowledge, I would imagine that it makes sense for BB (or the host of any App Store) to prevent devs from completely deleting their apps. Devs can withdraw their app, and that will cause the listing to be hidden in BB World, but the file itself will still be there, and those with the link (because they had already installed it) can get access - just no new users. It would be prudent for the App Store owner to do this because, if there was ever a problem discovered with an app, they would have copies (probably of every version, even if only the latest version was accessible to the public) for forensic investigations.
    11-07-14 05:46 PM
    As long as the App is there, people will expect support from the developer. BBW is dead guys, it's really time that be accepted. I'm sure it will continue to exist, for a while at least, but to the development community, it's toast. Why would anyone use it now that BlackBerry officially supports the Amazon store now and Android apps work "well enough" ? It's game over for native apps for the most part.
    jem9777 likes this.
    11-08-14 02:07 AM
    As long as the App is there, people will expect support from the developer. BBW is dead guys, it's really time that be accepted. I'm sure it will continue to exist, for a while at least, but to the development community, it's toast. Why would anyone use it now that BlackBerry officially supports the Amazon store now and Android apps work "well enough" ? It's game over for native apps for the most part.
    It's not game over for BBW. BBW will grow so called " professional apps" and most android ported consumer apps will just be obtained via amazon android apps. Why bother porting. Now Devs that wish to continue to develop BlackBerry native apps can continue to do so . They will always get my dollar over a free android app. I hope they are listening.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-14 08:45 AM
119 ... 345