Is that true that if I download many applications I will hurt my memory space, and then my internet speeding???
    Any suggestions??? How many should I????
    A new memory card will resolve the issue ??? I heard so many answers from the Verizon employees
    I have a BB Curve 8830, International Edition
    Thank you everyone!!!!!
    03-10-09 03:56 PM
    yes, too many applications can use up your memory - especially if left running.

it is not so much a matter of how many apps you have, but how many u are running and how much memory they are using.

you need at least 12 mb of memory free to not have your bb delete your logs and messages.

you only have 45 mb of memory as you are with Verizon and personally, when i had the 8830 WE i couldn't get anything on there without it deletes stuff.

make sure you have a memory card inserted into the bb and that ALL of your music and pictures are saved to that.

you CANNOT save apps to ur memory card, only to the bb, so it will NOT resolve the issue completlly
    03-10-09 04:13 PM
    Thank you very much Chelsey!!!!!
    03-10-09 08:44 PM
    I really sorry: Seems that you know a lot. How can I know how much memory I used already with all the applicantions that I have???

Thank you very much for your patience

riquiRicardo
    03-23-09 05:49 PM
    options>status will give you your file free amount. that is all you need to worry about. Keep it above 12mb. The higher the better...

You can also hit alt - shift - H and look for file free
    03-23-09 05:52 PM
    just when I think i can FINALLY help someone Tremortaltiy beats me lol
    03-23-09 05:53 PM
    To check this go to : options - status - file free. What does it say?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-09 05:53 PM
    mine says 20801960 file free. you want at least 12000000
    03-23-09 05:56 PM
    Thank you everybody: Mine says....
    File free: 17 65 0680.
    Can I downlowd 1 more???
    03-23-09 05:59 PM
    Depends on the size of the application. You should have plenty of room.
    03-23-09 06:01 PM
    Funny, we just had this thread like 3 days ago...
    03-23-09 06:02 PM
    17mb is fine

Download and install whatever you wish..... If you start to have memory problems for any reason you can always free up space. Enjoy the berry..
    03-23-09 06:02 PM
    Thank you everybody: Mine says....
    File free: 17 65 0680.
    Can I downlowd 1 more???
    1 more. Perhaps 2. Just keep an eye on your file free, and make sure those additional apps are not taking away from your memory.
    03-23-09 06:03 PM
    Depends on the size of the application. You should have plenty of room.
    I will tell you.
    I am talking about ABC news icon for BB
    CNN Icon for BB

As soon as used them I will close them.

Thank you again....
    03-23-09 06:03 PM
    you can also delete apps if you need more room for old or unused apps...
    options>advanced>applications> scroll til u see the app u want out then menu> delete
    03-23-09 06:05 PM
    So you're just talking about the launchers... Those files are small. Shouldn't be an issue.
    03-23-09 06:05 PM
    After you install said app head over to this link and get some good info. It will answer many of your questions.

BlackBerry 101 How-To Lecture Series | CrackBerry.com
    03-23-09 06:07 PM
    One thing that I did (Verizon employee told me) is to delete the BB massenger (I will never use it) and the BB video application. She said that this will help a lot.
    Those two for sure I will never use them.
    03-23-09 06:07 PM
    BBM will recover - 260 Kb. This is nothing.... I thought I would never use BBM also, its my most used app by far now hehe. Not sure what she means by video but either way if you want to look into this more check out the link in my sig called "Increase your Blackberry Memory". Its normally a good idea to leave the little things alone until you get more familiar with the device. Then alot of this will make more sense to you and you will have a lower chance of messing something up and bricking the berry..... In a week or two this link I suggested will make more sense and you can customize more easily to your liking... Just my .02
    Last edited by Tremortality; 03-23-09 at 06:25 PM.
    03-23-09 06:19 PM
    One thing that I did (Verizon employee told me) is to delete the BB massenger (I will never use it) and the BB video application. She said that this will help a lot.
    Those two for sure I will never use them.
    I could not do without BBM, but as Tre pointed out, it does not recover that much memory. The BB video app has me a bit confused; is it the actual Video camera app or the demo video?
    03-23-09 08:30 PM
    Saying you'll get rid of BBM is horrible. A collective shiver ran down the spine of all CB members...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-09 08:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD