OK so one week ago today my 813o had a critical failure...the trackball stopped working:S i tryed cleaning it and that did nothing so....Thank god my warranty expires tomorrow lol , i went to telus and the warranty got me a brand new replacement...YAY! Now before i swaped units i created a backup of EVERYTHING with my device manager! So i got my phone just about an hour ago, loaded up my backup file but....Some of my applications are missing..the main one i need help getting back is the internet browser all the others i can figure out on my own...What do i do crackberry nation? lol
    12-12-08 09:56 PM
    Re-register your HRT: Options / Advanced Options / Host Routing Table / Menu / Register Now. Don't worry about which entry is under your cursor. Registering gets them all.
    12-12-08 10:01 PM
    I have the BB curve, but the main structure of the OS is about the same. I swapped devices about a month ago the general recommendation is not to reload your new device till it is completely activated. When got my first BB and had it activated, Voice services were activated right away but the connection to the BIS was completely activated on my first BB the following morning I had my BB account activated. Last month when I swapped devices I was told “Don’t swap till 100% activated” 100% activated I have learned with any BB can take several hours and sometimes more.

So my guess is your phone is not completely active, when your phone is completely active with BIS you will see your browser icon as well as others appear. At that time I would try reloading your BB, but for the time being make sure you still have everything backed up and just let it do its thing……….it might take some time
    12-12-08 10:06 PM
    that didnt work at all?
    12-12-08 10:09 PM
    ok well they finally all just popped up now...thanks guys!
    12-12-08 10:11 PM
    remember...........just takes time to get to 100 percent activation, but enjoy your new phone and have fun with it
    12-12-08 10:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD