Hello All,

I have a Torch 9810 running 7.1 with very few apps(Google Maps, Facebook, Twitter, Bible Reader, Traffic).

The problem is that I have low application memory.

Under the Application Storage view, it states:

535 MB Used 8.5 MB Free
    * System 250.2 MB
    * Applications 78.5 MB
    * Other 206.7 MB
    * Free 8.5 MB

What is other?

I have done several battery pulls. I wiped and restored from a backup. I don't have many emails or text messages. What is other and why is it so big? I looked up other posts and it seems no one is able to answer this.
    03-30-12 08:19 AM
    You might have every language on the planet installed.

Try using apploader in bb desktop manager to see what extras you have installed and remove them.
    03-30-12 09:09 AM
    Thanks. No, I only had English installed. Everything else was already removed. I am guessing that's why system is not so bad. I need to figure out what goes into "other".
    03-30-12 02:08 PM
    Other Memory up to 190MB. Basically, this Other Memory takes up the entire memory of the device. If I wipe out my memory card and then put back in and do a hard reboot, it goes back to zero but then creeps back up.
    04-25-12 01:55 PM
    Any luck? I'm struggling with a large application storage "other" file which I can't remove as well. Very frustrating with 170 MB of lost space leaving behind only 35 MB free.
    05-07-12 05:23 AM
    When did this start happening? If you can correlate a time frame where you installed an app shortly before you started noticing this, then it may be just that application. A good place to start would be to check apps running in the background in application management. See which apps are using RAM (even if they are not opened). Apps in this list are apps that always run in the background regardless of if they are opened by the user or not.

Clear all your messages of all types, clear browser cookies, cache, etc.
    Press alt, LGLG and clear the logs. Run the memory cleaner app. It should be somewhere in the options menu if you have never run it before.

Battery Pull

Also, you mentioned your media card... Care to elaborate more on that?
    05-07-12 02:13 PM
    Thanks, actually I never checked the memory until I see the clock icon more and more. I managed to reformat the 32G SD card and upon reinserting and reformatting, the other memory went down from 170 MB to 117 MB.

Right now, my free application storage is at 100 MB and lost 'other' application storage at 117.7 MB. Not sure how to reduce it further?

I do have many messages left in the in box, not sure if that makes a difference?
    05-07-12 08:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD