09-22-11 11:15 PM
830 ... 323334
tools
    Ill do some research when I get off of work. I have simulators and a world wide mgrs mapp so I can find somr and run some tests

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-10 04:42 PM
    Ask and you shall receive.

if you go to the link:
    NGA: (U) GEOTRANS 2.4.2 Geographic Translator (UNCLASSIFIED)

you will find yourself at a page that does the translations properly. I checked it against a known point and it correctly converted MGRS to the LAT LON format that the program saves in. There is a link for developers that has a zip with the code for the engine and even a manual for incorporating it. most of the programing goes way over my head but the front end seems to be done in java so possibly it will work? Let me know, but in the mean time ill keep looking.
    03-01-10 07:57 PM
    Ask and you shall receive.

if you go to the link:
    NGA: (U) GEOTRANS 2.4.2 Geographic Translator (UNCLASSIFIED)

you will find yourself at a page that does the translations properly. I checked it against a known point and it correctly converted MGRS to the LAT LON format that the program saves in. There is a link for developers that has a zip with the code for the engine and even a manual for incorporating it. most of the programing goes way over my head but the front end seems to be done in java so possibly it will work? Let me know, but in the mean time ill keep looking.
    I just thought I'd check in after a few years of being absent. mjhubbard, that is the exact program that I used when I verified the location. I have tested Blackstar at Ft Knox, KY, MN, WI, and MS. Everything checks out so far for me.

Mr. Cook-- even though I have moved on to the darkside and have been using a JB'd iphone 3G, I have been telling everyone I have met in the military with a BB that Blackstar is the only app they should be using...
    You ever think about porting it over to iphone? I have a little more programming under my belt now (C++, java, and other Object-oriented programming (OOP) languages-- to include scripting with bash...) If you ever need another programmer... let me know. You do awesome work!
    11-16-10 09:23 PM
    To make a simple request, it would be nice to have a spacer between the first 5 and last 5 numbers of MGRS.

example:
    15T WM 66498 73928

Darn it, I gave you my location again!
    Oh well... everyone in this forum is welcome to stop over anytime.
    11-16-10 09:27 PM
    I've only had the BB a couple of weeks and appear to be lost. I went out to the Blackstar Navigation web site and followed the download instructions. On the phone, first I enabled WiFi and logged into my home wireless router. Then I opended WAP browser and entered the tinyurl link. The download took just a couple of seconds. I received a successful load notification but I don't see it anywhere on the phone. Where will it be and what does the Icon look like?

Note, phone is Bold 9000 running v4.6.0.167

EDIT: OK, I finally found it laying around in the Downloads folder, who would have thought? Well I told you I was new at this. Now I need to figure out how to use the S/W.
    I have GPS Tool from Tworoads Software on my BB9300 curve and it works great without cell service as long as there are satellites in view. It has great features and when I had a question I got a speedy reply email from their support. Its available at the Blackberry aps store that is one of the icons on your phone. I think I first heard of it on geocache.com. They are on twitter also with links to many if not all their apps. Twitter.com/TworoadsSoft

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-11 11:15 PM
830 ... 323334
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD