(wap.gpsed.com)
    make sure you take out the http://www.
    10-04-08 12:44 PM
    Trying to get the applications but getting an error message (in german i think) when i try to download them. I'm a student pilot with a 8110 and this app would be very much appreciated!! Help...
    My wife speaks German. If you post the error we can have it translated.
    10-07-08 09:27 PM
    My wife speaks German. If you post the error we can have it translated.
    Im german too, im just waiting for the msg

BTW i looked through the source and there isnt a single word in German in there so im very confused atm.
    10-08-08 12:58 PM
    I must be going blind... I missed the link to the application. Is there one for download directly from the phone, or do I need to hook up the phone to my computer?
    10-08-08 03:05 PM
    Here is the link:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f41/app...tml#post746243

but I'm hoping there will be a new release soon.
    10-08-08 03:38 PM
    Im german too, im just waiting for the msg

BTW i looked through the source and there isnt a single word in German in there so im very confused atm.
    Must be a ghost.
    10-08-08 05:07 PM
    Awesome application! The Kremlin is apparently 7506km from my home in Toronto. Off to Moscow, Siberia, and Mongolia on Friday and excited to try this out, without paying huge roaming data costs for typical gps applications. Looking forward to getting temporarily lost in the cities and mountains, and with any luck finding my way back.

Just started playing with it and noticed when you "List Waypoints", the distances are shown in Miles, even when you have selected "metric" in the Options menu. Just some feedback for the next version.

Many many thanks for people's efforts in making this program.
    10-09-08 01:51 AM
    I installed this app about 6 weeks ago or so, is there an updated version available yet?
    10-09-08 06:26 PM
    I installed this app about 6 weeks ago or so, is there an updated version available yet?
    There was an update on 9/22 when we launched as BlackStar. Here is a link to the post with the zip:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f41/app...tml#post746243

There will probably be another update in a week or two. So stay tuned...
    10-09-08 07:22 PM
    Cheers mate I will uninstall the version I ahd and install this one.
    10-10-08 03:28 AM
    Excuse the ignorance but how do I install this application?

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-08 09:50 AM
    Excuse the ignorance but how do I install this application?

Thanks

You need to use Blackberry Desktop Manager to install it onto your BB. There is no OTA install at this time.

Download the zip file, unzip the cod and alx files somewhere you can access them, and load using Desktop Manager.
    10-10-08 01:37 PM
    You need to use Blackberry Desktop Manager to install it onto your BB. There is no OTA install at this time.

Download the zip file, unzip the cod and alx files somewhere you can access them, and load using Desktop Manager.
    Thank you. Forgive my stupidity / inexperience but I can't locate the zip folder. Following links in previous posts doesn't seem to work. Could you post the url?

10-11-08 11:41 AM
    here we go : BlackStar 1.3
    Last edited by paul.haenel; 10-11-08 at 12:55 PM. Reason: wrong version number
    10-11-08 12:54 PM
    Hi Paul, Just wanted to say Thank You to you, Dave & all who invested their time in this 'labor of love'. You stayed the course with this, (no pun intended )I have downloaded BlackStar (so cool!), & although the sats. aren't very cooperative right now, poss. due to snow storm we're in, I have no doubt this will be an awsome app. Thank You so much

Kate
    10-11-08 06:53 PM
    Hi Paul, Just wanted to say Thank You to you, Dave & all who invested their time in this 'labor of love'. You stayed the course with this, (no pun intended )I have downloaded BlackStar (so cool!), & although the sats. aren't very cooperative right now, poss. due to snow storm we're in, I have no doubt this will be an awsome app. Thank You so much

Kate
    I did fire up the application while down your way but there was NO snow it was just predicted - how much have you had. We had rain LAST weekend in Zion.
    10-12-08 12:19 AM
    I did fire up the application while down your way but there was NO snow it was just predicted - how much have you had. We had rain LAST weekend in Zion.
    Hi F2, I'm up in the NW corner, Flaming Gorge Country. We had mostly flurries, clearing now, temp. 42. I believe it will be a little chilly tonite.
    10-12-08 12:32 AM
    Snow burrrr. Here in Michigan its going to be 75deg F. Little warm for deer hunting but is nice this morning out in my stand.

10-12-08 08:11 AM
    Hi F2, I'm up in the NW corner, Flaming Gorge Country. We had mostly flurries, clearing now, temp. 42. I believe it will be a little chilly tonite.
    Winter is on its way. As we drove just east of Pendelton, there was about 1inch or a bit more and the trees were nicely flocked. But back on topic, make sure you can find your way on snowy trails - it can get confusing.
    10-12-08 09:01 AM
    Winter is on its way. As we drove just east of Pendelton, there was about 1inch or a bit more and the trees were nicely flocked. But back on topic, make sure you can find your way on snowy trails - it can get confusing.
    Thanks F2, I will do my best-but & this is BIG, I live in NE Ut. not NW as I said before. Talk about someone not knowing their left & right . This app couldn't have come at a better time for me, eh? The High Country rec. quite a bit of snow, I believe it will prob. stay now. Last weekend, we too, got quite a bit of rain-but again it snowed above 7000'. Made driving interesting, as I don't have my snow tires on yet. But, I digress, BlackStar is up & running on my BB I am a Happy Camper! & yes, I will go & figure out where I am, so I will be able, w/much ado, to say "yes, I am S of the Green River which lies in the NE corner of Ut." God Bless & Thank You again!
    10-12-08 10:01 AM
    just downloaded this and all I can say is wow. I can now use my BB just like one of the 200$ gps's. Im gonna pass this on to all my friends and family if thats ok. Once again, WOW!
    10-13-08 03:09 AM

Sorry Dave,
    Lost your email address. Here is a "how to setup" an OTA for B*. It describes the technical process and applications needed.
    Sam
    Last edited by sam1ee; 10-14-08 at 04:06 PM. Reason: clarify
    10-13-08 06:47 PM
    Greetings to all, I stumbled with all threads concerning the BlackStar GPS for Bb, I was just thinking a week ago if an app like this one even existed, and I am very lucky that I found this post; but having problems with the following: when trying to load the app to my Bb, I can only add the .alx and not the .cod, why is that?
    Last edited by ma_rio14; 10-13-08 at 09:34 PM.
    10-13-08 09:21 PM
    Greetings to all, I stumbled with all threads concerning the BlackStar GPS for Bb, I was just thinking a week ago if an app like this one even existed, and I am very lucky that I found this post; but having problems with the following: when trying to load the app to my Bb, I can only add the .alx and not the .cod, why is that?
    You only need to add the .alx in the desktop manager. All you need to make sure of that both file are in the same folder / directory. The alx loads the cod file inside so you dont need to worry about that. If you have trouble installing the app please make sure you are using the latest version of the desktop manager.
    10-14-08 02:38 AM
    Wow. Darkstar is great. I can get rid of my Magellan now...
    Thank you very much.

RFE (Request for Enhancement)
    Is there a way to make the compass face larger?
    10-15-08 01:17 AM
830 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD