Pvt, I got that error the first time too "907 Invalid COD" but it worked the second time. Now if I could only get those points back...

Cook, I'll try that out when I get back to my office tomorrow.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-09 07:42 PM
    I'll keep trying, but after http://gpsnavigation.googlecode.com/files/BlackStar.jad link destination pops up on my bold with the B* download screen... and then whenever I select download I get a moment of status bar, say 15% and then I get a pop-up "download failed".

I've tried several times, with wifi as well...

I remember this happening before, way back, and when I tried a few times or maybe it was on wifi it finally worked... Guess I'll keep trying

First Error

Error Details

Any ideas
    I wonder if it gives the error when someone else is downloading it? I see approx 25 downloads already.
    03-15-09 07:45 PM
    I had a 503 error. But after the 3rd or 4th try of retyping I got it. Thank you.
    03-15-09 08:02 PM
    I was successful at downloading.

Altho, I did forget how to load the LOC file as it is not on the Main Menu!!!

The bcache login/password does not work for the general (non-premium) geocache website, I gather??

Is there something to spur it to calc distances. I was looking at the list screen and they all showed ZERO distance for a minute or two. I even went searching for a menu. I only had the 20 nearest loaded at that time. And NO FONT change available for the cache list screen?? I changed both fonts to 25 but that was still rather tiny.

I should definitely add - THANKS VERY MUCH
    Last edited by F2; 03-15-09 at 08:06 PM.
    03-15-09 08:02 PM
    Here it is...
    Time to release BlackStar 4.1.
    Should that read 1.4? Under "about" it says 1.4 after the new download.
    03-15-09 08:04 PM
    I wonder if it gives the error when someone else is downloading it? I see approx 25 downloads already.
    OK, this is wild... Notice the screenshots from above and the first one below... it's 1.3.3.5.

I no longer had B* on my Bold since my last OS upgrade with wipe and not reinstalling B*. So, I continued to have this download error today with the "new" version. But in hindsight, it was bringing up the old version???

OK, So I did a battery pull and look at what the same link gave me this time; see second screenshot... Theres Version 1.4 , and it worked.

Weird... riddle me that? Anyways, thanks guys very Looking forward to trying this new version.

03-15-09 08:14 PM
    When we downloaded to the 8350 it went smooth, when we downloaded to the Bold we had to wipe out the browsing cache for it to recognize the new version from the url.
    03-15-09 08:23 PM
    Wow, the life of my battery seems to drain quicker with the application running. By the end of the day I might need to an extra battery
    03-15-09 08:38 PM
    Should that read 1.4? Under "about" it says 1.4 after the new download.
    Yes, thanks I fixed it. It is 1.4.
    03-15-09 08:40 PM
    I was successful at downloading.

Altho, I did forget how to load the LOC file as it is not on the Main Menu!!!

The bcache login/password does not work for the general (non-premium) geocache website, I gather??

Is there something to spur it to calc distances. I was looking at the list screen and they all showed ZERO distance for a minute or two. I even went searching for a menu. I only had the 20 nearest loaded at that time. And NO FONT change available for the cache list screen?? I changed both fonts to 25 but that was still rather tiny.

I should definitely add - THANKS VERY MUCH
    The Import is on the List Waypoints screen.

The bcaching.com website is only applicable to Premium Geocaching members as they are the only ones able to generate GPX files.

When you import the caches, it automatically comes up zero, the only time it recalculates the distances is when going INTO the list waypoints screen from the main screen.

The font changes were for the main page only. Sorry. If that is well received, we may be able to expand it to other pages
    03-15-09 08:45 PM
    Did the older version have geotagging? I saw it on a menu on a application, but do not remember, and cannot find it.
    03-15-09 09:18 PM
    The font changes were for the main page only. Sorry. If that is well received, we may be able to expand it to other pages
    Yes please make the font options system-wide. The Waypoints screen is still tiny.

Also, the new night mode do (nice btw)
    leaves a white line of about 5 pixels thick across the bottom of the screen on the main screen and is still mostly white on the waypoint screens.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-09 09:38 PM
    I had the same experience as PvT with the link coming up as 1.3.3.5 with the same error a number of times. After a battery pull, the link came through as 1.4

Installed and ready to test. Many thanks to the developers.
    03-15-09 09:43 PM
    Did the older version have geotagging? I saw it on a menu on a application, but do not remember, and cannot find it.
    No, BlackStar does does not have any geotagging functionality.
    03-15-09 11:38 PM
    Can't wait to download the new program. Waiting on a new 8110 because this one's screen's display went blank (good thing it's within warranty).

I used B* on a road trip around the east coast on spring break from Penn State, and the last version worked great! I've gotten a few people hooked themselves on geocaching. It seems like you're reading my mind with the updates you put in!

Hey - maybe you could think of adding some sort of "breadcrumbing" option? As if to trace the route you've taken onto a map.

great work so far, though.
    -mike
    03-16-09 12:41 AM
    ... Hey - maybe you could think of adding some sort of "breadcrumbing" option? As if to trace the route you've taken onto a map.
    That'd be cool
    03-16-09 01:35 AM
    We all know this thread is way too large. While it does draw attention being so large, it is not very manageable.

So, I started a new thread. Please start using the new thread located here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f41/bla...ng-app-183917/

Also check out our new website BlackStar Navigation

Thanks for all your support and enthusiasm, lets continue it on the other thread.
    03-16-09 08:06 AM
    I REALLY REALLY LOVE IT!

Thanks so much! Set font size to 30 on BB storm. thats perfect!

I really want to donate some. How can I do this?
    03-16-09 02:05 PM
    Thanks for the app guys, can't wait to try it out!
    03-27-09 03:50 AM
    do i need a special gps chip for this to work or does my tmobile 8100 have gps built in already?

thanks
    g
    03-30-09 02:26 AM
    do i need a special gps chip for this to work or does my tmobile 8100 have gps built in already?

thanks
    g
    To my understanding, the 8100 does NOT have a GPS chip. But you can use a bluetooth GPS. That is what I do with my 8300
    03-30-09 07:00 AM
    Ok, after spending a good deal of time reading this thread and not even making it halfway through, I decided to just post my questions and take the wrath if it has already been discussed. I am a casual developer, a casual geocacher, and extremely cheap. So naturally this application caught my attention. Have all the different names used in this thread been merged into the BlackStar project? I would like to know where the current code is kept. I have seen links to both google code and sourceforge. Also, are you using the standard RIM JDE or something like eclipse? Lastly, I am by no means a Java expert, but I would love to help out, is there a log of requests or planned features that I could start working on or are you just implementing your own ideas and ideas from this forum? Thanks and I look forward to helping if I can.
    04-26-09 07:03 AM
    I believe they have been merged (although, I don't recall everything discussed in this thread so there may be separate offshoots).

The message just above your is from the "keeper of the key" and his signature has the appropriate links to Black*.

There should also be a separate Black* thread here abouts - you may have to look back a page or two in this subforum (I'm heading oout on a hike so rushed....)
    04-26-09 09:09 AM
    Very nice program indeed! You have to love it when someone asks for something, and some develops it and posts it for no charge! Thanks for sharing this.
    04-26-09 08:18 PM
    Ok, after spending a good deal of time reading this thread and not even making it halfway through, I decided to just post my questions and take the wrath if it has already been discussed. I am a casual developer, a casual geocacher, and extremely cheap. So naturally this application caught my attention. Have all the different names used in this thread been merged into the BlackStar project? I would like to know where the current code is kept. I have seen links to both google code and sourceforge. Also, are you using the standard RIM JDE or something like eclipse? Lastly, I am by no means a Java expert, but I would love to help out, is there a log of requests or planned features that I could start working on or are you just implementing your own ideas and ideas from this forum? Thanks and I look forward to helping if I can.
    If you read the early pages on this thread, you saw the genesis of BlackStar. It started with a GPS display and grew into a waypoint management and navigation application. The source code is currently housed on code.google.com/gpsnavigation if you want to take a peek under the hood. I believe we are all using the RIM JDE, but eclipse should work just as nicely. I like how everything is already integrated in the RIM JDE, I am just not crazy about the debugger.

Right now things are moving along at a hectic pace as Paul and Daniel are working on a new release. I have been lazy the past couple of months .
    I appreciate the offer for help, we will need to see where we are when the dust settles on the next release. Feel free to check out the BlackStar forums at Blackstar Navigation - A free geocaching hiking and navigational utility for BlackBerry devices

Also, I started a new thread in this forum with the last release since this one was getting too large. It is http://forums.crackberry.com/f41/bla...ng-app-183917/
    04-27-09 09:11 AM
830 ... 3031323334
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD